Re: Droid Turbo 2 Shutting Off Randomly with Battery Life Left
betsynewmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this something that can be done at the store?

0 Likes
betsynewmark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this problem for the past 6 weeks or so.  It seems that it will shut down when it hits 60%.   It will tell me that the battery is at 0%, but when I plug in the charger, it will show that it's around 60%.  It is so very annoying.  I've taken to constantly carrying around a portable charger so I don't get shut down.  

If I take it into the store, do you think they can help fix this?

bear350
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine just started doing the same thing,  Shuts down at 60% New Battery too.  I don't know about anyone here but if Verizon's Phones went down I wonder how long before they got their system back up and running ? In my opinion it would be hours if not minutes.   We pay 1000.00 dollars or more for a phone and get a year or two out of it, which should last for Years.

With all the New Phones at Walmart and so on I wonder how long Verizon will stay in Business, If they keep this up they will only be selling Bandwidth which they make Billions of dollars anyway weee.  I have been a Verizon Customer for almost 2 decades now and never have had any Issues which is a pretty good record But it's like everything good come to an end.

I pay 87.70 per month one phone Unlimted internet and they have NEVER offered me a updated phone or anything at all 21.000 in twenty years I have got two phones and no problems until now, but now I am thinking of going to a Straight Talk phone for 45 dollars a month for 25 gigs of data which is plenty for me seems I only ues one or two now.   I like Verizon or Liked but times are Changing and not getting Better which everyone would think should happen. 21 thousand that alot of $s. and having a phone that's useless. now.   If you think about it that's a down payment on a house. and could buy a pretty decent car.

Bottom line Our Phones are as important to us as they are to Verizon Reps that sell Phones and Data Plans,  Not to give a free phone or fix issues is going to lose the respect and Business of Good longtime paying Customers.  I am not sure what I will do, but I did chat with Reps on this site and was offered a phone that would be a Downgrade to my Droid Maxx HD 64 Gig to a 16 gig phone with very few features.  I felt like a slap in the face and am more than likely going to cancle my plan soon and go to either AT&T or Straight talk or Sprint.  Matter of fact after I leave this page I will be going to Walmart I cannot be without a phone for any Period of time and for Verizon acting like it's our Problem just Sealed the Deal.

It's been an Okay 20 years with Verizon and I hope they do something to try and keep me as a customer.  But I am not expecting that to happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you, bear350, especially after 20 years. We are committed to delivering top notch customer service and would love to help address your concern with the battery on your Turbo 2.

I would like to gather some details to best assist. When did the issue first start for you? Have you kept up with the software updates? Has there been any physical or liquid damage?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Zaphod_Dog

I have the same issue as the customer you are responding to.  There has been no damage etc.  Battery life has always been an issue with this phone but it's been bad the last 6 months or so.  Same symptoms.  Phone shuts off while you are using it (taking a picture, opening an app etc).  try to turn it on it says 0%. plug in the charger and it instantly says 48% or 65% something like that.  So many people have this same issue you shouldn't treat each customer as if this is some sort of rare one-off.  It's obviously some sort of defect or software downgrade.  I saw somewhere online where it was stated this behavior on the Turbo 2 is the result of a software mod intended to preserve battery life?  That doesn't even make sense.

The phone has become almost unusable due to other issues besided the random power-downs.  Apps like NFL just stop for no reason.  I've had to reload NFL 6 times just to make it through reading a single article.  Audible continually loses the audio focus and there's nowhere on the phone to set audio focus priority.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with your phone shutting off, battery not displaying correctly and apps not working properly, Zaphod_Dog. Your phone is your window to the world and it's concerning to learn of this. We are happy to help. Have you installed any new apps or made any changes to the phone recently? Is the operating system and all apps up to late? You can check for a new software update with these instructions: http://spr.ly/6608EUNKY Here's how to check for updates in the Play Store: http://spr.ly/6609EUNKl

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
robertguero

A phone repair guy on youtube has a fix. Says motherboard has bad solder. I looked up "how to replace droid turbo 2 battery". It can be fixed if you know how to micro-solder. Dont listen to these people "did you install a new app?" "did you break your phone on purpose?". Stupid questions. Phone batteries are only good for recharging about 600 cycles. So if you charge your phone once a day it will only perform at its peak about 600 days. I have had mine about 3 years. In the past 6mos I have started having issues with battery dieing quickly or not charging properly (wrong/bad cable or charger) and phone shutting off with battery life left. A simple drop of the phone in the car after it has been heated up in the sun or from charging could cause soldered parts to disconnect. Things happen. Dont blame the phone, its done its job. I have loved my phone every since I got it. Now, for me its time to move on to the Moto G7 Power, 6 days with no charging with normal use. Amazing!!!!! BUT after time this phone with also have battery issues. One of the other carriers is giving the phone for free. Just not as good coverage. Make sure you zoom in on any coverage map your looking at. If you are zoomed out looking at the map it look like they cover EVERYWHERE but then zoomed in you see its roaming or blank spots. Hope this helps. Good luck.

0 Likes
Nicholaschicago

The update is what ruined the battery. Are you not reading any of these posts? The battery is garbage. Mine shuts down at 45%. That is unacceptable. Fix your problem!! I've been a Verizon customer for 20 years and this phone you sold me is GARBAGE. Also Verizon has become garbage. We don't want free streaming services we want you to give us equipment and networks that actually work!! We pay you nearly $3000 a year for things that DONT WORK. FIX IT.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a good working device is a must, and we are here to assist you. Having your device shut down at 45% battery life is not right. When it comes to software updates, have in mind that these are developed by the devices manufacture. We apologize to hear that you are having issues with our network we will be more than happy to troubleshoot this for you to ensure we get to the root cause and work towards getting everything resolved for you. Please meet us in a Private Note to proceed. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
ROBTEMPLIN

Same issues as everyone else.   Been a Verizon and Motorola customer for over a decade, and both are about to lose me!    Not acceptable to have this happening, makes phone more than worthless when you're counting on it.

0 Likes