Droid Turbo 2 Boot Loop
theparsonproject
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting yesterday my Droid Turbo 2 randomly went in to a boot loop. I only noticed because it was in my pocket and got really hot so I pulled out my phone and noticed it was rebooting. It rebooted several times and I eventually held down the power button to get it to stop. When the phone cooled off I powered it on again and it booted just fine.

Around 6 hours later it randomly went in to boot loop again and I was able to resolve by again holding down power button and restarting a few minutes later.

Today it went in to boot loop again.

I've been running Marshmallow for a little over a month.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo 2 Boot Loop
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you recall if you added any new applications to the phone? Have you tried getting the phone booted up into Safe Mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Slickmage
Enthusiast - Level 1

theparsonproject. I am getting the same thing. I received a replacement Droid Turbo 2 since upgrading to Marshmellow on my original phone "bricked" it. Upon installing everything on my replacement phone, I am getting the same thing. Over the past four days, my phone just randomly decides to restart itself (5-6 times) and randomly drops phone calls after a minute and a half. Also when it drops phone calls, it decides to restart itself! I am really disappointed in Verizon and this phone. I am about to just say the hell with it and go back to my original Droid Turbo; at least my old phone still works. I seriously hope Verizon finds a fix; these problems have been nothing but a nightmare!

theparsonproject
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the Starz app earlier last weekend so just uninstalled. I'll post with an update as soon as I have something to share.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes