Droid RazrMaxx battery problems after ICS update

um904

I purchased a RazrMaxx in June and updated it to ICS on June 29. Since the ICS update the battery life on the phone went downhill. After a 100% charge and having the phone on standby for the last 14hrs 15min, I have only 30% battery life. I reset the phone twice to factory specs, it did not help. Screen brightness is set to about 30%,battery savings mode is on. Does anybody have any suggestions. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Droid RazrMaxx battery problems after ICS update

um904

Thank you for your help.Will follow your intructions

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

smashogre

Wipe Cache first, if that doesn't bring joy, FDR but do not let google restore apps/data - set them up manually(PITA, I know)

For info on how to do either:https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/777870

0 Likes

um904

Thanks for the info. Should I do the FDR first and then wipe the cache or clean cache  first and then FDR

0 Likes

smashogre

I'd do cache first, that way if the phone starts behaving you don't have to do the FDR - note though that if you end up doing the FDR I'd do the cache wipe again...

0 Likes

um904

Thank you for your help.Will follow your intructions

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes

B33
Sr. Leader

This is What i would Suggest as Well: And i think in some Ways performing a System Cache Clear Once a Month would Be Beneficial to the System in General as new apps and things are be updated and added to ones Phones..

0 Likes

kronusG

What kind of sense does that make??? I finally find an answer to many of the issues i am now facing after the ics update and it's removed?!?!? Ready to exchange my phone if these issues aren't resolved.

0 Likes

Duewester
Novice

Did you bother to read the responses? The only removed information was personal information. The solution was posted and accepted as the correct answer.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Actually I think the posts marked as "Helpful" contain the information and steps needed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes