Droid Razr software update issues
bmann

Anyone having issues installing new Droid Razr update?  Selecedt Settings, About, System Update and it states Your Device is Up to Date?  Its actually not up to date. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr software update issues
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings Community Members! Thanks to all that chimed on on bmann's concerns over the software update to the Droid RAZR. Even as I write this, the update continue's to roll out to Droid RAZR owners! Please allow up to two weeks for your update to apply to your device. Bmann, if by February 20th you have still not gotten your update, please let me know by posting to this thread. I can help. Thanks!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
icecreamlvr987

I received the update to system version 6.12.173.xt912.verizon.en.us this morning. Since receiving this update, my phone has not been able to connect to the network.The mobile network state says "disconnected" 

I can send and receive text messages and make phone calls, but none of the services that require internet connection work.

0 Likes
jerseystitcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

What exactly was improved?  And I use that term lightly.  I got my update this morning only to find it rebooted with a SIM card error AGAIN!  This is the second time now, and I haven't had it a month yet!  I spent an hour and a half with the tech, who reset it to factory settings.  But I don't know where my Gmail backup is.  And so far, I have found at least three apps that I don't want or need, and I'll just bet I can't get rid of those either. 

I'm beginning to really hate this phone.  Truly.

Kim

rirwin67

Does anyone know where I can get the Motorola Interface Driver?

0 Likes
jerseystitcher
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had that problem last night, although my phone showed four full lines on wifi connection.  It totally froze.  And I got the same update you mentioned.  I'm taking my phone back for an exchange, a month of this is a month too long. 

0 Likes
jayu86

Since it's updated and I got problem with CALLING.  Call just hung up itself after one ring and I called the same number it goes through. It doesn't do every call I make but it really bothers. I'm wondering if this happens the other way around. Also, google keyboards in landscape mode just all over the place. It can't seem to know what I want to type. Too many mistype and sometimes going really crazy. Last thing, switching between 4g and 3g didn't get improved after update. It just get lost like before. Disappointed.

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

I wonder if the sim card needs replaced. Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Likes
jayu86

I wouldn't do the factory reset only because just hate to go through all the steps where I am now. And I just found that keyboard crazy only happens when I plug the chargers in. Nothing perfect in the world, I understand. By the way, It's got new sim card.

0 Likes
njluke
Enthusiast - Level 2

I revived the update and it failed to update and wouldnt recognize my sim!

I did a factory reset and it froze my phone..  I have had 7 razr's with problems and I should not have to deal with this. They told me I can call motorola...wtf gfy! I am a costumer ...you call! They said I can switch out my phone for a droid charge or thunderbolt...are you joking you ass hole they sell for ten bucks on ebay. They said that there was no know issues for the razr on their system...bull shit the last ten techs told me there was..with the screen and battery and with 4g not holding. Then she said the update was to fix the battery life...but you just got done telling me there was no know battery issues..so they must of just been updating it for??? the razr maxx has a bigger battery and a screen with a different glue to fix two know issues. thats why it was released 4 months after the razr...they sure know how to sell bullshit?? or do they?? being a part of the purchasing department our 300 employees will be choosing a different carrier soon.

0 Likes