Droid Razr car charger surged now phone wont turn back on
jrose910

I have a droid razr and tonight my car charger did some weird stuff and it made my phone turn off. now i can't get my phone to do anything. i have tried doing the power button and volume down button thing and that is not working. the only thing my phone will do is when i plug it into the usb port on my pc the white light on the front will come on. when i unplug it from the pc the light stays on until i plug it into the wall charger. i have tried using the soft reboot with every different combination. please tell me there is someone with this same problem that found a solution. i have also tried letting the phone charge for about 1 1/2 hours on the wall charger before trying the reboot with no success.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr car charger surged now phone wont turn back on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jrose910, thanks for your post and I regret to hear that your phone isn't turning on. Were you using an approved VZW car charger? Was there a spark or anything weird when you plugged your phone in? Try also pressing and holding the Power button and the Volume down buttons for about 5 seconds. If still no change and not charging, it sounds like the device may need to be replaced. I followed you. Please send me a direct message if you continue to have this issue.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

First of all please don't use that Type of charging method use the Charger that came with in the Box.! Charge it that Way and on the Car charger if it is not at least a Verizon Branded charger don't use that charger any more if you can get a Motorola charger they are the Best for your Phone.. i prefer these and use them all the Time And i use this Stand allot as Well b33Smiley Happy 

P513 Car Charger (Micro USB) - 89143NVehicle Power Adapter For Tablets and PhonesP933 Micro USB Travel Charger20. Re: A Stand Fit for Many Styles.!   << click on the Link

0 Likes
jrhoads

Mine did exact same thing about month ago...did you ever get it to come back on?  I've been told its most likely a battery problem.....?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want your Droid Razr functioning in tip top shape jrhoads! Are you still having difficulties? Let's get to the bottom of this!

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jrhoads

Yes, it is still not working.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: Droid Razr car charger surged now phone wont turn back on"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/902907#902907

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Still? Wow! Well then let's get it working! Did you try the soft reset (holding the power and volume down button for about 30 seconds)? Was there any response there? Again, we do recommend using only the charger included in the box or a VZW charger. Were you using an alternate charger at all? Please update us. Thanks!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jmsteidl

I am having this exact same issue.  Has anyone ever got it figured out? PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
carmen_bosch

I am having this issue as well.  I plugged it into my car charger and it shut off immediately.  There was still half battery left.  This normally happens but usually turns back on .  I have a black screen and a white notification light stays on.  I have done the reset (power key+volume down) a ton of times.  I have also tried plugging it into the wall charger.  Brought to a Verizon dealer where they "tested" it and they said it's toast but I won't give up.  Any other ideas?  I am 1 month past the year warranty date. Smiley Sad  This happened about 12 hours ago.  PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Carmen is your Motorola Home Charger Working.!  Will it Charge the Phone if it will then i would Find a Motorola Approved Charger the three i posted on can be found either on Line or at some Stores the Charger that is in the Center of the three you can get it the Verizon Stores it. It was designed for the Motorola Tablet that Verizon Sells but it Will Work with your phone) as i mentioned you can get these chargers at some stores and on Amazon.com but Motorola Sells them as Well.. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes