Droid Razr can't send picture messages since JellyBean update
pittiemom3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

Ever since my Droid Razr updated to the JellyBean system, I have been unable to send any picture messages. It will attempt to send them, then I get the message bounced back, with the triangle exclamation point saying "message failed, tap here to review" or something similar. I also get this response when uploading pictures to facebook, but the pictures actually do get uploaded. I've checked with my friends, and they aren't getting the picture messages. Help!?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
Re: Droid Razr can't send picture messages since JellyBean update
Not applicable

pittiemom3 wrote:

Hello,

Ever since my Droid Razr updated to the JellyBean system, I have been unable to send any picture messages. It will attempt to send them, then I get the message bounced back, with the triangle exclamation point saying "message failed, tap here to review" or something similar. I also get this response when uploading pictures to facebook, but the pictures actually do get uploaded. I've checked with my friends, and they aren't getting the picture messages. Help!?

Personally I would call *611 to speak to Verizon tech support. Better yet call the 800 number for them from another phone so they can troubleshoot it.

I have had this issue in the past with a LG Spectrum and I was sending to a Sprint customer. Tech support had me send the picture message to one of my other Verizon phones and they went through OK. I also sent to the tech guy to a phone number he used for support service. He also received it.

try and send to a Verizon customer and see if it works. If it still craps out then tech support may be able to assist. you.

You can also upload photos to Facebook and You Tube with the upload email address if you need to get them on those services. Or use the web interface which is much faster.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello pittiemom3!

Your help is here!  I want to ensure you're able to send picture messages as well as upload pictures to Facebook.  First, I need to ask a few more questions.  Are you using the original model Motorola Droid RAZR?  Do you have a 3G or 4G signal when attempting to send the picture?  Lastly, are you using a 3rd party messaging application or are you using the default "Text" application that comes preloaded on the device?  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zeromcnero

I will chip in with more details since i am having the exact same problem.  I have a razr maxx hd and I am using the stock messaging app and have full bars of 4G.  there are 2 things i have noticed:

1) it just started happening after the last update.  It worked fine with the original update to jelly bean, but broke with the last one.  (The new update makes the Bluetooth work correctly in my car now, so at least there is that)

2) pictures send fine if you do not have text OF ANY KIND along with it.  No subject, no message, nothing.  As soon as you add any text, it fails indefinitely.

3) it is not just pictures, all MMS fail if there is any text.  I have tried to send contacts and that fails as well.  I assume it is because the default message it creates has the contact data, as well as a text description.

A quick google search showed a lot of similar questions but no answers.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Kelly_537
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. I have a droid RAZR HD. My problem is that when I am using wifi I cannot send picture messages or group texts. This is beyond frustrating and has me begging my friends for one of their used IPhones. In addition to not being able to send group texts through wifi I have had so many missed texts and texts that are not received. If I turn off the wifi and use 4g the message will go through. However, for the first time in owning a cell phone I have come close to going over my data limit. I never had problems with an Iphone and until this problem is fixed I have no intentions of recommending a Droid to anyone.

dhedman88

has there been any type of solution with these issues? i'm glad i'm not the only one...but it's getting quite frustrating knowing i spend a lot of money a month for a phone and service that works like crap..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Kelly it might be the only Way you can Send it for Now).  Have you Contacted Motorola to see if they have any Answers or have you done a  Google Search of  what your asking on here sometimes doing a Google search can Answer Questions or help as Well i do this Quite often as well as i ask for suggestions on here from What i read the in the short time i did a Search there is allot a Razr's  the Maxx  the Razr HD  and Maxx HD that was affected by the Update to Jelly Bean and some have done System Cache clears with Good Results while a few only got good Results by Factory Resetting there Razr so you might try one of those Suggestions and see if it works on your Razr HD..  Good Luck.. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kelly.537 wrote:

My problem is that when I am using wifi I cannot send picture messages or group texts.

Your phone is operating as designed; picture and enhanced messages cannot send/receive over wi-fi, they have to go over the cellular network.  They count against your text plan, not your data plan.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tiki i beg to Differ a little on that just a bit:    This picture you see here i sent it Via Wi-Fi No Network at all i had it shut off i sent it threw my " EMAIL "  to my Gmail account.. I'm going try some Texting Test in short bit see how it turns out on my Maxx but when i Sent the Email i was also streaming Slacker my Maxx done both task with out a Hitch of a Problem..

IMEDION TEST SHOT.jpg

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

E-mail will send/receive over wi-fi, picture/enhanced texts will not.

0 Likes