Re: Droid Razr Slow
B33
Legend

If you haven't tried this you might Run a System Cache Clear..

0 Likes
fullhouse451

how do I do that?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Fullhouse451 follow these instruction: If you have any issues trying to Run it Let me know but it's Fairly easy to Run.. 

Here's how to Run the S.C.C:. Give it a Try

With the phone ON Just tap the Power button to blacken the Display  (  Don't Shut the Phone off )  Follow these Instructions

1. Press and hold the "Volume Up  &  Down at the same time" While doing  that  press the Power button. till the screen comes back on When that does that let off the Power button  ONLY   Wait till you see a White screen   Follow to Step 2.
  2. When presented with the White Boot Mode Selection Menu release the Volume buttons.
  3. Press "Volume Down" to scroll down to  Recovery  then immediately press Volume Up.        Step 4 will Follow
  4. From the Red triangle in  Little Droid on the screen,  press and hold Volume Down. for 10 sec. While doing that press for a Second the Up  " Volume "
  5. The Next screen You will have 5 choices  Select  Clear the Cache Partition  it's the 5th choice.. then press the Power button.
  6. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

And that should be it.Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
fullhouse451

that doesn't work either..I get no screen other then the little driod

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When you get to Little Droid Hold down the Lower Volume lever For at least 10 sec. while your holding it down Press then Let go the upper Volume lever it will proceed to the Next screen from there scroll down to clear cache when you get there Tap power you'll see it clearing once that is done then you'll see next step which is the reboot the system you want to press power again the phone then will shut off and come back on).  Your done with the System Cache Clear..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fullhouse451, let's smash the gas peddle and speed it up! Your device may be cluttered with alot of information and 3rd party software issues. I recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications in Settings, delete text messaging conversations, call logs, and e-mails. Once you've removed unwanted information from your phone, power it off/on to soft reset it. I trust that these steps will improve the performance of your device.

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

ellisaustin

Mine is doing the same thing. I've cleared all texts, calls, emails and cleared the cashe three times and my apps still randomly shut down. Sometimes the keyboard doesn't work either. Anything else I can do with it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ellisaustin,
Let's get your phone working like a well oiled machine once again! How long has this been happening? Did you notice this start after installing an application or an update? Have you gone as far as completing a factory reset as previously suggested in the thread? I am eager to continue troubleshooting to work towards a solution.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
alt1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my first post here, but I am having the same problem. My razr is so slow I can barley use it. It will lock up and force me to reset when doing some of the most simple (trying to call/send a text). Please help!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you Tried any suggestion listen on the Forum.? , Power Cycle , Clear System Cache, Run the phone in Safe Mode to find problematic 3rd party Apps.. Any one of these suggestions can help the phone you may fix the issue using one of them or it May take all three. Give one or all a Try then report back to this Post.. We can go from there b33

0 Likes