Droid Razr Random Heat Outputs
winchelln

It doesn't happen very often but I've been noticing it more and more.  When my phone is idle (sync'ing is off, no programs running, screen is off) the phone gets really hot.   Noticably hot to the point where you can feel the heat radiating off it. 

Today it happened while it was sitting on my desk.  It got hot and remained hot for 5 minutes during which time my battery reduced 50% from 90% to 40%.  It remains at 40% and the phone began to return to a normal temperature. 

When I noticed it was hot I checked the task manager and looked at running applications.  There were no "NON-SYSTEM" related processes running.  Memory usage stated at its average of 235 MB used during the entire 5 minute span.

Just wondering if anyone is having this issue or if there is a fix coming out for it.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Random Heat Outputs
scottshad

I can feel the heat from my too.

and it is not happening all of the time.

I noticed especially if I put it my shirt pocket.

and that is when the phone is at idle.

{removed extra line breaks}

0 Likes
bkhosropanah

I have had this same issue with my Continuum and found that by installing Juice Defender it fixed that.  You have to look at the WiFi settings as well.  Found this by doing some research that the WiFi and GPS are the biggest issues with draining the battery.  Using Juice Defender or other apps that control when the WiFi and GPS are on will help.

0 Likes
drdiehl

Using the task manager app (stock app on razr) to "auto-kill" some apps after a time-out will also help too, I have found.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I've had the same issue especially when charging and idle. Also the phone is extremely HOT to the point it feels like it could burn.

Seriously disappointed with this phone and thinking about getting another one.

0 Likes
jays91ls

i hear you on that one this is my 5th razr and they all have had this heating issue , called verizon and everytime there are saying that "this is the first time i have ever heard of this issue with the razr" i mean really ??? am i the only one who payed for this $750 handwarmer ???

0 Likes