Droid Razr Maxx stuck in boot loop
Chela2004

A few days ago my droid razr max essentially died . I went to my local Verizon and purchased a new device but  I have

been  unable to recover all of the photos and other data  from the old device. I've somehow managed to get the device to turn on but it is now stuck booting and will not load past the red eye. I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to get out of the boot loop without deleting or damaging the file saved to the device.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr Maxx stuck in boot loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chela2004,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your device not starting. We certainly want you to be able to retain the information on the phone. What exact information are you looking to extract? If you had an sd card in the old phone, pictures should be saved on their. As for contacts, those would either be saved with your google account you had with the phone, or with our application Backup Assistant plus.  You can try to run the phone in safe mode to bypass the red eye screen http://vz.to/159K41E. Please fill us in on how this works and what you are needing to move from phone to phone.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chela2004,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your device not starting. We certainly want you to be able to retain the information on the phone. What exact information are you looking to extract? If you had an sd card in the old phone, pictures should be saved on their. As for contacts, those would either be saved with your google account you had with the phone, or with our application Backup Assistant plus.  You can try to run the phone in safe mode to bypass the red eye screen http://vz.to/159K41E. Please fill us in on how this works and what you are needing to move from phone to phone.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If your pictures are on the SD card of your phone that Died you can pull out the SD card from that phone and stick into your replacement phone or you can Take the pictures from that SD card and put it on your PC using a Card reader...

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr  Maxx stuck in boot loop
Chela2004
Thank you Tony I've attempted to enable safe mode numerous time unfortunately its not working. I'm trying to retrieve to data particular photos and stored app content from the device.
0 Likes
Chela2004
B33 Thank you also. I have transferd the sd card to my new device but out of the 800+ photos only 100 transfered.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the rest of the pictures were stored on the internal memory space.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome, Sorry more couldn't be transferredSmiley Sad,   Ann that was my thinking as well..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Chela2004,

I was hoping that safe mode would work. Thanks for trying. At this time the only way to get past the red eye screen would be to try an alternate hard reset,http://vz.to/GVac84. This would set the phone back to its default settings and would erase everything that has been saved on the device.

If the pictures weren't backed up anyother way we will not be able to restore those other pictures. I apologize for the inconvenience.

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes