Re: Droid Razr Maxx speaker issue?
TXClark
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think the flexible cover is the problem.  My speaker would just quit, with or without.  My Droid Razr Maxx was just shy of 3 months when the speaker problem began the first time, no ringtone, no notification tone, etc.  If I used a headset, I could hear my music, etc., but only that way.  Went through all the checkpoints and then some to make sure that it wasn't something that I had done.  I contacted Motorola on 8/27, and after I would do a Factory Data Reset and it didn't work, then I could send it in for repairs.  After reading their forum, was leary on that.    I did contact VZW tech support on 8/27 to report no sound problem.  I did a Factory Data Reset on 8/28, which did not fix the problem at first, it begain working in the middle of the night.  My sound worked up till 9/14, then quit.  I checked multiple things, lastly, I pulled the micro-sd card out and reinserted it.  To my amazement, the sound started working.  I did notice that the sound icons on the screen had changed at that point.  However, to my utter disappointment, the sound quit working on 9/16.  I tried various things, not even rubbing the back, etc. brought the sound back.  I called VZW tech support again on 9/17 to report it again.  They took me through some further check points, but it still was not working.  My next phone was just delivered by FedEx.  I will see if this one is any better.  Just don't like to continually have to set up my phone

0 Likes
B33
Legend

No i don't think it's that Dan the issues that some have had came before I.C.S and has been in different instances. I my self on both of my Maxx's i haven't had any cut out issues knock on wood but as i mentioned in previous post in this thread my speaker on occasion will snap. It might be this and a long shot Guess but i'm wondering if the Torx screws that Line the frame and were the speaker sits isn't quite tight enough or they were not all torqued at the same pressure and that could be leading to the Cut out if you look at the Picture Dan from the Links i provided and you'l find on page 2 you can see that the speaker is not wired to the Board.. 2 contact studs that are solder to the Board Match up to the Brass contacts of the Speaker. 

0 Likes
hatesmyrazr

I am posting this on every thread that is a variation of this one. I got my Razr in May. Shortly after upgrading to ICS, I started having the "no audio" issue. (within 1 to 2 months of getting the phone) I found that I could restore the audio by rebooting or plugging in headphones then unplugging them. I contacted Tech Support and I went through a bunch of steps (factory data reset, etc..) and still had issues. Verizon sent me out a "like-new" replacement. After 2 or 3 days this one started doing it too. I contacted VZW and they eventually put me through to Motorola who just wanted me to send it in for repairs. I cant do that--cant be without a phone for a week. I got back in touch with VZW and they sent me another "like-new" Razr. After 3 days this one is doing it also. I just came across these threads so I tried rubbing/pressing around the speaker. (no luck) I have logged dozens of hours talking to tech support and everytime they act like this is a new problem that they have never heard of. After reading all these posts about the same issue, I am beginning to think they know there is a problem and are just ignoring it. I will be contacting VZW and trying to come up with a solution that doesnt involve sending me yet another "like-new" phone that is gonna have the same problem. I urge you to do the same. I am not sure if this is an issue that could be related to ICS but what I do know is I never had this problem before I upgraded to ICS and all three phones started messing up within 3 days (The first one started 3 days after upgrading and the last 2 came with ICS and started messing up within 3 days)

0 Likes
florida123
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is interesting that we don't see anything posted here from Verizon customer service. I don't know why this forum exists! Is it just to vent to one another and let Verizon know what's going on, and no one does anything about it?

Resetting the phone is not always a solution to this problem, having fixed right is. We all get those used phones and they are never tested, if they were tested properly, we would not be having problems with them. I have received 4 different used phones after my initial purchase of the Maxx since April of this year, and each one of them had problems. I factory rest each one of them. It gets to be tiring and you get no where. What a joke this is!!! (We will send you a certified like new , We will send you a certified like new) and those certified like new phones, are nothing but another problem phone being sent to you. Let's pacify the customer and keep them happy by sending them another piece of garbage that cost $300.00 and does not work. Splendid job Verizon, keep up the good work!. We are all happy customers.

0 Likes
indyfriend

Exact same issue here.  I have sent this phone into Motorola 2x now to have it repaired...neither time did they fix the issue.  Included notes on my returned package was that "no issue was found" .  This was after I placed a handwritten note saying the phone had speaker issues 60% of the time.  My guess is having to wait for the damn thing to go out completely and then send it in for repairs.  I have no idea what to do now.  No more motorola products for me.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What i'd say that happened is since it is was Working when they received it they considered it as a non repairable issue. Even though it was cutting out on you indy they couldn't replicate the problem and there not going to tear into a Device that in there mind is Working.

Fair it is not. But until that Razr's speaker is totally not working and they can't get it to work they will then repair it. Hopefully but i Do understand your Frustration's on this...

0 Likes
hatesmyrazr

I just got my blue droid razr today (verizons latest solution--a different color) the audio already went out and it has even been activated for 1 hr.

0 Likes
Bulldog77

I've had my phone, Razr Maxx, since May and it just started having this issue. I can press the speaker and it magically starts working again. If I squeeze in on the upper corners of the phone it goes back off. This is gonna get really annoying and I dont want a refurbished phone when I payed so much for this one and renewed a contract. Too bad we cant just uncheck a box and cancel it all!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I know what needs to be done..But mentioning it will get Post pulled, So i'll leave it at That..

0 Likes
rollron

I bought the Razr Max May 24, 2012 and today (Oct 15, 2012) all my sounds shut off and i spent all day trying to find out what was wrong with my phone and then i found this forum and i knew..........damn, damn, damn.....it had been 12 years since i had a Motorola phone and that phone was a piece of junk also.  I thought after 12 years Motorola would make a decent phone, but they are the same as the junk they have made for years.   Its my fault for getting burned twice and i should have known.  Anyways thanks to everybody for this forum as i temporary got my speaker to work my pushing on the back of the phone, about every hour i have to repeat this stupidity to get the phone speaker to come back on.  I have 3 other cell phones with AT&T and they have always treated me good.  This is my lst phone with Verizon and i am not going to accept a refurbished phone or another Motorola Razr Maxx.... so its going to be interesting to see what they do about this.

0 Likes