Re: Droid Razr Maxx speaker issue?
mls3331
Contributor - Level 1

had same problem after 3 weeks. they sent me a refurb with a pro-rated warranty. it has been 3 weeks since then with no problems at all. my question is??? what is the percentage of phones with speaker problems in relationship to the amount of phones sold...

0 Likes
brownlv

I bought my droid razr 3 months ago and about 1 week ago I lost my external speaker.  No speaker phone or ringer.    Verizon shoulb be accountable for this issue and give users new not refurbished phones.

0 Likes
legan

I received my new-old phone at the end of June and already having the same speaker issue. Sending it back AGAIN-I will give this one more try. Tech support said they were writing the details up to report to Motorola. I am wondering if the phone cannot withstand having the case removed. I bought a case that was supposed to work with my docking station but it did not fit-so I have to take it off each night because I use my phone as a clock. Anyone else here remove their case often?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have a Look at this Link that i Posted a few Months Back in the Picture and you can Zoom it in to Look Closely you can see that up by the Speaker it's Held in place by one Machine Screw. My thought's it should be held by Two but there wasn't enough room in the Design to Accommodate two..b33 

1. Re: External Speaker Issue

0 Likes
legan

I did look at the link and think you are right. Now I have just received my 3rd phone today. I am unsure about putting a case back on it. With the case I can't use my docking station without removing the case each night. Do you think pulling the case off contributes to the problem? I may have to decide between protecting the phone and having my spiffy little alarm clock/charging dock.

0 Likes
legan

I have decided to use my cheaper gel case which I can carefully remove much easier than the commuter case I used for my second Razr, as it is very hard to take off. I wasted my money on it, but don't want to do anything that may contribute to the speaker malfunction. When I am eligible for a new phone, I may switch brands!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understandable it a bear to put this phone in some Cases to pull it out to Use in a Dock. That's why i went with the Leather Flap case. Since i have two Maxx's i was thinking of using one strictly in a Case that i don't have to pull it out of Unless there is a Real Need but that's Just a thought i'm thinking of..b33

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I too have had my maxx for several months with no speaker issues. If your in the middle of talking it out with customer service here is a little trick that works on on circuit boards sometimes and is easy to do. maybe it will get you going temporaily. If you live in a warm area as i do here in georgia take your phone with it powered off and place it on the dash of your car in the sunshine. Dont let it bake but let it get good and warm. the heat will expand the components just a little bit and sometimes make a enough of a difference so that all connections can be made  internally. I use this trick on all my welder and machinery cicuit boards in my plant. If it works its only temporairly until you can swap it out. You be amazed how many times it works withcases of bad connections.  Try it at your own risk cause if you leave it too long it could damage it if it gets too hot.    Good luck     Jesse

0 Likes
MMelosh

My Maxx (acquired late June 2012) just lost sound between Friday morning and this evening. I use a gel case which I have removed only twice in a month, so I doubt it is removing the case which is the cause of the problem. Thankfully, the pressure trick has, at least for now, restored the sound.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Unless you twisted the phone to a certain level installing or Removing the case shouldn't have impacted the Speaker or at least i wouldn't think it would..

0 Likes