Droid Razr Maxx Speaker doesn't work..."nothing can be done" verizon says
tinaxp

I paid for my Droid Razr Maxx at a store (non-verizon) 6 months ago.  My original droid Razr was broken by a friend so I had to buy a new phone for full price.  I bought the droid razr maxx.  When I first bought the phone the ringtones were a bit low and I just assumed that it was normal.  Slowly but surely the speakerphone doesn't work.  When I apply a little pressure to the speaker then it works for a few seconds and stops again. This means that I can't hear sounds or music and most importantly I MISS CALLS.  My job requires me to constantly keep an ear out for my phone and I have already missed countless important calls because of this.  I looked online and it seems to be a popular problem among droid razr and razr maxx. When I called verizon they told me that basically there is nothing they can do if there are any "scratches" on the phone.  My phone wasn't damaged but there were a couple signs of usage on the signs from being in my purse/pocket.  What do you expect from a few months of usage?  They informed me to call motorola.  I did so and they told me they also cannot replace the phone for me because they do not do replacements- only verizon does.

My mother then called Verizon back.  She was told that Verizon told her to go to the store, show her ID and they would replace my phone.  So we both left our work early to get to the Verizon store on time the next evening.  When I get to the store, I was greeted and was asked my situation.  He looked up my information and just told me that unless I have a receipt of my purchase from 6 months ago, nothing can be done.  And of course, I don't have the receipt.  Why even send me to the store and waste my time to tell me that.  I feel like I was lied to or led on.  Worst of all, the customer representative just walked away to help another guest before I was even finished.  Our family has been a verizon customer for years- internet, phone and wireless phones.  Years ago my mother made us change to another carrier but I insisted she come back to verizon as soon as our contract was over because I thought verizon was superior.  But to be told "nothing can be done then" or walked away from, It made me feel insignificant.

I have never dropped the phone or tampered with it- i really do love the droid razr maxx.  I thought it was and still is a great phone with great features.  I just feel that I shouldn't be ignored of how I feel.  I am told by representatives "you have an upgrade in a few months you can use."  Yes, that's great.  You're not getting the point.  I PAID for my phone that i LOVE.  I just want another one that works the way it should have from the start...instead of giving me the solution of buying another phone.

Maybe to the representative its "just" another few hundred dollars for a new or even a used phone, but for me that's a lot of money.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Droid Razr Maxx Speaker doesn't work..."nothing can be done" verizon says
DBNewbie_2007

I know I have problems where the speaker just stops working also. I either need to reboot the phone or go into System Settings -> Sound -> Phone RingTone and and play a sound. Everything starts working after than until the next incident.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx Speaker doesn't work..."nothing can be done" verizon says
tardigrade

My speaker is also not working.  I've tried various fixes, but I think it may be a hardware issue as the speaker works when I apply pressure to that area.  Verizon knows this is an issue but has apparently been denying it.  Not looking forward to dealing with this.

0 Likes
Fiftycal

I have the same problem but mine has a fix. Every time it stops working I just take a screen shot (hold power and vol down at same time) and it will start working again for me guaranteed every time then I just delete the picture from the pull down. It happens at least once a week. So for some reason it forces the speaker to start working again.

0 Likes
GoTNGuard

Thank you! I too, came here because my sound quit working yesterday and because of your post, I pressed on where the speaker is and it's working. I hope it's not something I have to do weekly or more often as my other half has severe PTSD and part of that is memory loss or lapses. He's been lost for up to 4 hours before, suddenly comes to and wonders where he is. He's called me many times to ask where he's going or he knows where he's going but he doesn't remember how to get there, and that includes coming home after he's been somewhere, so something as simple as "home" should be, he gets lost even coming home.

I CANNOT not have my sound work. I have to answer his calls. It's heartbreaking to think he doesn't know where he's going and can't reach me to direct him or to tell him where he's going. Would the President or Board of Directors, if there is one for Verizon be content with this happening? Of course, they have the money to just purchase another phone but not everybody does. And if it seems to be a recurring problems with the Razr MAXX, then THEY ought to start working with Motorola to replace phones.

It makes me more frustrated because I had a Samsung Galaxy 2 and dealt with it's problems for two years, after calling Verizon time and time again only to be told, they didn't know what it was. Then when the Galaxy 3 came out, two weeks after it came out, after talking to the Best Buy folks AND Verizon's Tech Support who all said they had heard not ONE complaint on the phone, I changed the Galaxy 2 for the Galaxy 3. I was so hoping they had fixed the issue of where I could NOT call out for an hour at any given point. Or texts NOT send or try sending every minute from 8 PM until I reset the phone to factory the next am at 6 am. You could see it reflected in my usage.

Low and behold, if not the DAY AFTER I got the Galaxy 3, it happened and I could not call anyone or text anyone and no one could call or text me for 45 minutes. Difference was, this time when I called Verizon, Tech Support told me they knew of the problem and to take my phone back to Best Buy and if they wouldn't replace it Verizon would. Verizon ended up having to replace it and they said I could have any phone I wanted, EXCEPT the iPhone, but what choices were there, if you just had the phone they said was #1 in the WORLD and it didn't work. I paid a nice price for that first phone and carrying on down the line, I feel my investment of $200 was spend on a Razr MAXX and now turns out there's a problem with the speaker.

Sounds like I need to start calling and if they tell me that it's almost "ready for an upgrade", when it appears there is a known sound issue with the phone, they aren't going to like my reply.

0 Likes