Droid Razr Maxx- No output from headphone jack
Love_my_droid

I've got a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx phone which I'm very happy with. Only thing I just noticed is that when I plug in extrenal speakers or wired headphones, there is no ouput from the jack. Internal phone speaker is still on with wired device plugged in. Bluetooth works fine, but I've got an external speaker I'd like to use for music that isn't bluetooth capable. I've looked at the sound setting on the phone, but can't find anything for this issue. If anyone has an idea on how to fix this I'd appreciate it.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr Maxx- No output from headphone jack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjackson20,

We understand your reserve about utilizing the return process. We don't want you to risk any charges as well. This is why we suggest having the phone checked out at a store prior to shipping? Any corporate store and do a detailed check to verify it will pass inspection vzw.com/storelocator. Also we are more then happy to look into your call back. Have you still yet to receive it? Please keep us updated because this is important to us.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you ensured that the headphones/external speaker are completely plugged in?  Have you tried gently cleaning out the headphone jack with a cotton swab or pipe cleaner?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Love_My_droid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am glad to hear that you are happy with your device, but we want you to also get all the functionalities out of it. With a wired connection it is important that the phone and wire are properly connecting. When you plug in the wired device does the phone display a symbol of "head phones" in the top bar? If it does not you will want to make sure that the jack is clear of any debris. If it does and still nothing then you may want to try running the phone in safe mode http://vz.to/159K41E to see if it works then. Does your phone work while on speaker phone? Please keep us updated on the status of these steps and we can check on what options are available from there.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes
kjackson20

My first one lost all sound. period.  Verizon sent me a new one then 3 months later billed me for the device since they said I got it wet.  took 3 months even to get pictures back.  Now that device they sent me 4 months ago speaker and sound have died.  I called them and they stated  that they would send me another one but if the one I returned turned out to be good or abused they would bill me again.  Razr Maxx has an issue with no sound as noted in the forums in other places.  Verizon will not own up that there is a problem with this device,  I have been trying to resolve this since Octo 9.  The rep told me to buy one from someone else then and the conversation was over.   Not a good performance Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kjackson20,

I am saddened to learn that you are having issues with your device and I am here to help! You mentioned that we offered to send you a replacement device. Since the original date of your post, has the order been placed? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kjackson20

No as I said before in the post. I still dont believe I abused the first one, and I am not going to take the risk of having to pay 350.oo for the second one.

The only reason i took to the forums is to let others know of the service i received. First individual I talked to told be to go buy one from someone else.

The 2 hours I spent with your customer service reps both placed a request for a supervisor to call me. Its monday I have not heard from anyone.

Just have very little trust or patience with Verizon anymore.

And I haven't mentioned the ebill I received from Verizon for 429.00 for October that NO ONE at verizon can explain.

Just bad service, Period.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Re: Droid Razr Maxx- No output from headphone jack"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1007696#1007696

>

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well you could send the Device to Motorola as an alternative see if they could help ya.. on the issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjackson20,

We understand your reserve about utilizing the return process. We don't want you to risk any charges as well. This is why we suggest having the phone checked out at a store prior to shipping? Any corporate store and do a detailed check to verify it will pass inspection vzw.com/storelocator. Also we are more then happy to look into your call back. Have you still yet to receive it? Please keep us updated because this is important to us.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes