Droid Razr Maxx HD - no SMS delivery reports after 4.1.2 upgrade
TheGoose

It seems as though most people are having this issue after the upgrade.  Is this a Verizon or Motorola issue.  There does not seem to be a fix at this point.  Even hard reset doesn't work.  Please advise.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr Maxx HD - no SMS delivery reports after 4.1.2 upgrade
nedyah700
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution. Okay so with the most recent update Verizon made the switch from sending text messages over their 1x network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g) network, hence the reason they are sending so much faster. Today I was in a classroom that is underground and has terrible reception and noticed that I was getting delivery reports again but that my texts were sending slower, like they used to. I dug around in the phones programing menu and found a new option call "MO SMS over IMS" and it was enabled. Disabling it switches your texts back onto the old 1x network. So if you choose to make the switch, your delivery reports will come back but sending will go back to being a little slower. To get to this menu open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!

View solution in original post

nedyah700
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here. I tried to call VZW support to figure out what was going on but your reps are so "helpful" and refused to believe me that we have had two jelly bean updates. So hopefully Motorola will be more useful.

0 Likes
frustrated-grrr

Has anyone figured this out yet. I'm unable to get my delivery notications on my Razr Maxx HD as well. Very frustrated.

0 Likes
nedyah700
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a solution. Okay so with the most recent update Verizon made the switch from sending text messages over their 1x network and moved them to their LTE (and possibly 3g) network, hence the reason they are sending so much faster. Today I was in a classroom that is underground and has terrible reception and noticed that I was getting delivery reports again but that my texts were sending slower, like they used to. I dug around in the phones programing menu and found a new option call "MO SMS over IMS" and it was enabled. Disabling it switches your texts back onto the old 1x network. So if you choose to make the switch, your delivery reports will come back but sending will go back to being a little slower. To get to this menu open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!

WadsworthRay80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Works beautifully! Thank you! Anyone else out there, follow Nedyah's response as it fixed the issue 100%.

0 Likes