Droid Razr Maxx Flash Player?
aseaaccesscom

Aloha!

My Razr Maxx Phone no longer plays Flash Video after ICS Update. Is this a temporary glitch or permanent.

Flash capability was the sole reason, I ditched my iPhone. If its permanent, I will go back to an iPhone.

Mahalo, Braddah Moks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx Flash Player?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Adobe removed Flash player from the Play Store back in mid August.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Maxx Flash Player?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

This is a permanent thing as the Browser in ICS does NOT support FLASH and Adobe has discontinued Flash Support for Mobile Phones.  You can (provided you had it on your phone before updating to ICS) get Flash from Google Play. They only removed it for new downloads.  Also if you look in the Files folder on your phone (internal storage) you will probably find the APK file in there.  If Google Play does not recognize you as having Flash prior to installing ICS you will NOT be able to get it. (I just downloaded it yesterday from Google Play after my Bionic got the ICS update).

If you cannot get it from there, you can download it form Adobe's site for the next 3-4 months.  That said, the browser on your phone does not support Flash so just installing Flash will Not help you. You would need to use a Flash Supporting Browser as well like Skyfire or Dolphin.

0 Likes