Re: Droid Razr M won't boot
B33
Legend

Have you installed any 3rd party apps lately?  they could be causing the issue you might give running your M in Safe Mode a try see if that might help the issue if does.. then I'd start looking at app's to Uninstall  b33

0 Likes
Thepinkpandaxd
Enthusiast - Level 2

no recent apps. everything is at least a month old and i mostly stick to my banking apps. i did install a mobile game (monster match) but it was about a month and a half ago with no issues. i can't get into safe mode because i can't get past the boot animation. i tried the steps listed in a post above but no dice. i also tried running recovery mode from the debug menu. again, nothing. i tried a factory reset as well. the phone just won't finish booting.

B33
Legend

Hmm well with it stuck in that mode you may have too look at getting another M or replacement, you might see if your local store can flash it first that may help NO guarantee's but it might work..

Good Luck... b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Thepinkpandaxd,

Say it isn't so! We want to make sure that you have a great working device. Were you able to get the phone back up and running? Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the device? If you have had the phone for less than a year you would be able to get the device replaced under the warranty. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thepinkpandaxd
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's no water or physical damage Smiley Sad it just happened out of the blue one day. unfortunately, i've had the phone for just over a year. i'm going to head to a verizon store this after noon to see if they can't fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, Thepinkpandaxd!

What was the outcome of your store visit the other day?  Please let me know if you need any further assistance.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Thepinkpandaxd
Enthusiast - Level 2

The tech at the store was unable to fix it. fortunately, i had purchased insurance, so i'll have a new phone by tomorrow.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that sounds good..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Thepinkpandaxd

Glad to hear you were able to replace under your insurance!  Thanks for keeping us posted!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jscott_gaitten
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same issue.  No water damage.  No physical damage.  This problem just showed up.  I've tried resetting back to factory defaults, and no luck.  I took the device to local Verizon store last night, but they could not resolve.  I'm 6 months past my warranty, 6 months away from being eligible for a hardware upgrade, and no insurance.  I'm screwed.  This is unbelievable.  This appears to be a software problem to me, but nobody seems to know how to resolve.  Clearly theirs no incentive for Verizon to resolve this problem as they can push most users into a new device and a new 2 year contract.