Droid Razr M & Plantronics Voyager Pro HD
Silverlobo

I got the Plantronics voyager Pro HD a few weeks ago. It paired perfectly and worked great until about a week ago. Now even though is connects and says phone connected, I can't get it to do anything. Pressing and holding the call button gets nothing and tapping the Voice Commands icon on the phone only gets the app to start and shut down immediately.

I've uninstalled Google Play Music and that helped the first time until today and now that hasn't helped.

I've unpaired the headset, cycled power on the phone and repaired, still not working.

I've disabled Play Music, still not working.

I'm at my wits end since it's the law where I live, you have to use a hands-free device with your phone while driving and I have an hour commute and relatives out of state that aren't well. I also have a business and this a secondary number for it and work.

I could really use some advice here. I really like this headset and don't want to try another.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr M & Plantronics Voyager Pro HD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting steps and we want to make sure this is working. Have you tried un-pairing the headset and then pairing it again? If you make a call from the phone, does the sound come thru the headset?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Silverlobo

Yes, I have unpaired, cycled power on phone and headset and repaired.

When I manually make a call, I have to select bluetooth for output.

I tried an older Jabra Talk headset and it works correctly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Silverlobo,

We want your bluetooth headset to work properly. Let's make sure the firmware on on you Plantronics bluetooth is up to date. Try this out... http://bit.ly/1eDY88L Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
Silverlobo

Sorry for the late reply, things have been a bit rough.

I've updated the headset and there was no change. I found another forum post reporting to uninstall lates updates to Google Play Music. Tried that and it worked for a while then just stopped.

I've tried a reset of all apps and now it will work when it wants to.

Btw: this is a second headset, gave the first on to the wife and it works with her phone just fine.

I am almost to the point of doing a factory reset and seeing what happens.

Very, very frustrating to test it when I leave the house and the headset will work and when I go to lunch it won't activate Voice Commands.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Silverlobo!

It seems like you have tried multiple useful troubleshooting steps. How long have you had the Bluetooth? Was it purchased from us? I just sent you a follow request. Please send this information in a private message.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes