Re: Droid Razr M Camera is unable to initialize problem HELP!!
chrisblake

I have had my phone for a month and only had this problem the one time. As a user of a lot of technology I do not consider this a huge problem. No technology is perfect I do not care what it is and this to me is a relatively minor issue with a low recurrence rate (at least in my experience so far).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Jake 16,

Good afternoon. I know how frustrating it can be when you experience difficulites with your device. I am sorry if our previous response did not help the issues you are having with your phone.

Do you have a lot of third party applications installed on your phone? If so, I would recommend to run your phone on safe mode and see if you still experience the difficulties. To place your phone on safe mode http://vz.to/1bl2qyZ I understand the a soft reset will not fix everything. However, if you still experience difficulties with your phone after running it on safe mode, I would suggest to process a hard reset. Before you do a hard reset on the device, it is important to back up the content on your phone. A factory reset, will help clear any system malfunctions you may be experiencing. To learn how to process a hard reset on your device click http://vz.to/12m3Dzb

I also wanted to clarify our return policy. If you purchased your phone through Verizon Wireless, we have a 14 day time frame in which you may return the device for any reason. A $35.00 restocking fee may apply. Unfortunately, after the 14 day time frame a device or accessories may not be returned. For more info click http://bit.ly/16VHd9M Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hammfamvt

My phone started giving that can't initialize camera message two days ago and after trying the clear cache and powering on/off multiple times only the front facing camera works. Any suggestions? The phone is only 7 months old.

0 Likes
Jake16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Thank you for your sympathetic reply, I'm glad to that you think you know how frustrating it can be. Do you own and use a Razr Maxx? Has the camera failed to initialize on you?   Try raising a child who takes their first steps and you are not able to take a picture because the camera won't initialize correctly.  How do I get that back?  I suppose your next canned response will be you know how frustrating that is too. 

Maybe if you had taken the time to read the post from "locoroho" on 3/31, you would have seen that starting the phone in "safe mode" doesn't fix the problem.  Mind you 3/31 was a day AFTER Verizon Wireless Customer Support promised a fix "ASAP".  Today is July 12, that's 104 days; over 3 months and no view of a fix.  How's it going ?

I've read a number of posts in the community (not just this one but others with similar topics) and there is a lot of "understanding" and "sympathy" going on but no real fix, unless of course you consider a power reset a "fix".  I don't and no one else does either.

So if I can ask 4 simple questions about the "ASAP" fix....

1) What has Verizon done to investigate or reproduce the problem? It doesn't seem that hard to replicate.

2) Is progress being made?

3) Has root cause been found?

4) By what date will it be released?

If you can't answer these questions, then I need to ask what is the purpose of the community? To have loyal Verizon customers commiserate and feel better that they are not alone with their issues (i.e. misery loves company)?  That doesn't help. 

Verizon Wireless Customer Support is hearing but not listening. 

I'd like to see the answers to the questions above

Thanks,

Jake16

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get that camera snapping again hammfamvt! Are you receiving this error message when using a specific function or app other than the camera itself? Clearing the cache is a good start. Did you also try power cycling? If so, the next step I would recommend is safe mode, which will rule out app conflict. http://tiny.cc/j1i9zw

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Jake16
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jonathan,

Are you (Verizon Wireless Customer Support) even reading these posts?  How many times can you reply to the camera question with either (a) it must be a third party application causing an issue (obviously, there can't be a legitimate problem with the RAZR MAXX) (b) try running in safe mode or (c) power cycling the device.

Can I get some answers to my 7/12 post ?

Jake16

B33
Legend

Jake have you Tried updating your Razr M there is New Maintenance Update that might be out Now and help in your Situation you having with your Razr M Here's the Link to my Post on New Update have a Look:. Razr M Update 98.16.3 To be out Soon!

0 Likes
Jake16
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK.  Fair point.  I'll try the new download.

Thanks.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome Jake:  if you can get your phone to download this new Update Let me know how it runs once it's downloaded I'll be on here for a While tonight..  see ya b

0 Likes
CAS55

My Razr M is only 3 months old and the camera won't focus. The focus is locked at infinite focus, so only things 3 feet away or so are in focus. I can't focus or scan text anymore. It happened first after going into multishot mode. Afterwards the focus would no longer worked. Sporadically I'll turn on the camera and it will work, but after a little while it no longer works. I tried resetting cache/data, rebooting and doing the system update. But the problem always recurs. I suspect it's a hardware problem, any ideas?

0 Likes