Re: Droid Razr HD/latest update
B33
Legend

Try Clearing the system cache followed by a power cycle followed by another clearing of the system cache see there's any improvements after doing the following.  If not you may have to run an F.D.R.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Punish,

Picture memories are important! Are you using Verizon Messages as the defaults messaging application? Is your Wi-fi turned off on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not what we want to hear Jen16226. Let's find out what's going on. When downloading pictures is it on WiFi? Have you tried putting your Razr HD in safe mode? http://vz.to/W6Ax37

VanetrisC

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
jangcope
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, Verizon customer support had me do all that while on the phone. It didn't work so guess where that left me...yep. Factory reset! That did not help either. Pic texts still just download....download....download....tried turning off WiFi. Only thing works is off & on mobile data until it finally downloads. I've had to keep mobile data shut off because if I don't catch it & I'm not home (store, moms house) then it burns my data. Unfairly, I might add!

0 Likes
Punish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi is turned on. I'm using the green messaging icon on the bottom on the screen. I assumed it was the android default messaging app. I had to up my data for the month but I'm not sure if that is a result of this or not. I am on wifi most of the day and my wife is not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Punish, Our phones do need to connect to our Mobile Data Network in order to send and receive pictures. Can you please turn the Wifi Network off to see if the pictures download faster? Any change?

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jangcope
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone absolutely will NOT send or receive pic txts without mobile data on. Even worse, I have to turn mobile data off, then back on to get pic texts to download. Otherwise it just keeps sending.... But receiving them if I don't catch it the pic text keeps downloading. Hours even. Burns my data also. Was suppose to be bumped to a Gig for 12 months free but I see its just at 500MB. I have to keep my phones mobile data OFF & I shouldn't have to do that. I also use WiFi and am home 90% of the time. Since last update data use is out of control. That should tell Verizon its NOT ME!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Jen16226
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried safe mode.......it is STILL doing this.

And something else I have now found it is doing, when trying to EMAIL a picture it is not sending either.

This really is starting to get annoying.

There is no reason I should have to eat through my data in order to send things.  This did not start until the latest update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jen16226!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, we'll get this figured out! Have you recently downloaded any new applications? Do you experience the issue in all or a specific location?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nonny09
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until I start reading good reviews for this "upgrade," I won't be installing it because I don't want to risk tbe problems others are having. Several days have passed since this topic was started and apparently it still isn't fixed for them. Why did this upgrade go out without being full tested?

0 Likes