Droid Razr Gmail sync
harvey_bl

In Gmail sync settings I am seeing " Sync is currenlt experincing problems. It will be back shortly". This is dated 8/16/2012.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr Gmail sync
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi harvey_bl!

Sorry for the delay in responding to the error message in Gmail Sync. I don't want to assume that your issue is resolve, so please re-sync and let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Thanks in advance,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

post is 18 days old when you replied & you wonder why folks complain about cs.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Well, that is because THIS forum is not Customer Service. This is a customer-to-customer forum, not CS. To get a quick reply from CS, one would greatly benefit from contacting CS.

Occasionally, a Verizon employee will share input in a thread, but the majority of threads probably get no CS replies, just other customers helping out.

bearone21
Legend

well then, just who are these folks with "verizon wireless customer support" & verizon logo next to the date?

rcschnoor
Legend

I never said CS people don't come on here. I believe my EXACT words were "Occasionally, a Verizon employee will..."

This looks to be one of those times. Does not make my statement false, but seems to lend credence to the fact that if you want to hear from CS, it is better to contact them instead of posting on a customer to customer forum in hopes that your post will be one of the few that they actually respond to!

bearone21
Legend

let's see, verizon logo, "verizon wireless customer support", seems to be cs, but no, i'm not looking to hear from cs here but these folks seem to be from cs & worthless, when they reply 18 days after the original post is made.

there's other posts i replied to, same as this one & other folks seem to feel the same way i do, you ought to read them.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe the "employees" look in from time to time and try to respond to the threads that have not gotten a response from the community, as happened in this case.  In most cases, the community is able to help out and find solutions; if the OP is still following, and no one from the community has offered a response, that's when the employees follow up and see if things got resolved or not.

bearone21
Legend

thanks for calling them employees.

0 Likes
harvey_bl

Christina B,

Thanks for responding, and yes the issue is resolved. I believe the 4.0.4 update is the culprit, as time line is very close to the begining of my problems. I ended up deleting the email account setup @ Verizon store by the tech who sold me the phone. I setup the gmail app and it is syncing. The upgrade also took out my speech to text???????? It worked great prior to the update. I downloaded the google voice app but it only works @ home via wireless. I live near the sierra mountian range, so our 2.5 G coverage is shoddy at best. Is there a setting I can tweak to get the speech to text over the verizon connection again?

0 Likes