Droid RazR keeps freezing after ICS upgrade
Nightpr0wler
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the ICS upgrade my Droid RazR keeps freezing & I have to reset it by holding down the on-off & volume down buttons...I did a factory reset as well which seemed to help but it still sporadically freezes up especially when texting...Is anyone else having this issue & know of a solution..? My battery drains a lot faster now too I've noticed.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid RazR keeps freezing after ICS upgrade
linuxfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My razr is doing the same thing, on the 4th factory reset i created a new gmail account just to make sure it wasnt one of my apps. it wasnt .booted into safe mode and it still did it. called vzw tech and am getting it replaced.

View solution in original post

Duewester
Contributor - Level 2

In another discussion thread, regor3 did the FR but did not allow the reset to restore the apps. Instead they reinstalled the apps one at a time on their own and things improved dramatically. There are apparently some old GB apps that don't play well with ICS.

0 Likes
Nightpr0wler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I might try that...

0 Likes
linuxfan
Enthusiast - Level 1

My razr is doing the same thing, on the 4th factory reset i created a new gmail account just to make sure it wasnt one of my apps. it wasnt .booted into safe mode and it still did it. called vzw tech and am getting it replaced.

Nightpr0wler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, that will save me a lot of time & hassle...

0 Likes