Re: Droid RAZR (not MAXX) 4G, service drops on GB and ICS
B33
Legend

Change your Setting From Global to CDMA /LTE i did on my Maxx and it Works Fine.. b33

0 Likes
Greypuss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi:

Thank you for the suggestion.  Per Verizon, I had already changed it to CDMA/LTE on the RAZR after I got the replacement phone.

Unfortunately, it didn't make any difference on my RAZR.  Apparently there is some difference between the DROID RAZR and

the RAZR Maxx in addition to the longer battery life on the Maxx.  Not sure why.

Thanks again for the quick reply.  Tom

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Understandable.. As for the Razr / Razr Maxx being the same unit they are except for the Battery, and the Case , And actually the Droid 4 has about the same stuff underneath the Hood.. b33

0 Likes
Greypuss
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re: Droid RAZR 4G,3G connectivity problems on GB and ICS

Update.  Both Verizon and Motorola are definitely very aware of the problems with connectivity on the Droid RAZR.  There is supposed to be a fix for this in early September.

Check out GottaBeMobile at gottabemobile.com or Google Droid RAZR fix for more up to date info.

Both Verizon and Motorola could have acknowledged the problems and made this bug fix information available to the Droid RAZR customers.  Neither did.

Hope this link helps others who are having issues.  Also hoping this fix in September will actually work.

JBT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your post! I have a Droid X and my contract was up last week. My husband and mom have the MAXX and regular RAZR and have had issues since the ICS update. Since the bug fix hasn't been released yet, and since Moto/VZW is going to release a new phone on September 5, I'm going to wait for the bug fix update to be released to purchase my new MAXX.
I absolutely adore my X, but that big OS update last year not only fried my phone, but fried the SD card and everything on it. I went into the VZW store and they gave me a brand new phone, no questions asked, but they didn't give me a new SD card, so I bought a 32MB one (it cost more than the phone!) and never had one problem with it after that. Not a one. Yesterday I was sitting in the Newark airport bar next to a guy with a Verizon iPhone 4 and he had ZERO BARS. No service, none. I had 4 bars and 3G and it was lightning fast. So yeah, it can DEFINITELY be the phone and not the carrier.
At any rate, I don't want what happened to me with my first X and the OS update to happen to me on the MAXX. I don't want to spend days re-downloading and re-installing all my apps from Google Play and the Amazon Appstore just to have everything disappear again! I'll watch these forums for the ICS bug fix rollout and THEN I'll get my phone.

Thanks to everyone on these forums. When my X died it was you guys in the forums who told me what to say to the VZW rep to get a new phone. Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to help others.