Re: Droid RAZR Maxx no sound problems
EMarioC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the link, I see speakers there $150.00 and up Smiley Happy

I do still have the problem with Bluetooth, and this should not have anything to do with an approved speaker... I am confident this is a software issue, some app is gumming up the works. I have for example one app that records via the microphone on the phone and after a recording I try to play back the file and it shows it playing but no sound (just the phone in this scenario), I then reboot the Maxx and bingo it plays fine... The diagnostics continue... If I find the answer I post here so that others who may have this issue can share...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well the Reason i posted this is there are some speakers that won't work as well as the ones i showed in the Link they may have sound but just not as Good..b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes
saltamonte

I had that exact problem, they are sending me a replacement, I didn't realize I could temporarily restore sound by rubbing that spot until reading your post. Thanks.  I received a "new" refurbished razr maxxit took 1.5 days of using that razr maxx for this problem to surface.

I suspect that is probably the reason it was turned in to begin with. they probably refurbished it by wiping the memory and just sending it right back out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

More in Likely they'll Pull the Piece that the Speaker Housed in it. Replace it Retest it Throw a New Battery in pop a new Case on it.. then send it back out..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Might Work..

0 Likes
woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has for a lot of people. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey That's Good

0 Likes
E_M_E_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Slight pressure or pushing on the back speaker worked for me. I expect better from Motorola, maybe I should have stayed with Samsung?

0 Likes
Sweet-Fish

Thank you! After days of dealing with only a vibrating phone & trying to get ALL my sounds back; ringtones, notifications, speaker volume etc., then to have Verizon tell me I would have to return the phone to fix issue. BUT after reading your entry, about "pushing on the back of the phone near the speaker" ALL was restored back to normal instantly!!! I canceled the replacement phone for now! Wished I had talked to you at Verizon... Thanks again for the info- It Worked!

0 Likes
Just_Satch

I have had the issue of sound not working on my Razr Maxx as well. My girlfriend figured out if you take a screenshot it comes back on. I haven't tried pushing on the back of the phone beacuse the screenshot trick has worked for me every time. I am still pretty upset that this phone has so many problems!

0 Likes