Re: Droid RAZR Maxx no sound problems
woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try an app named SoundAbout.

0 Likes
slickdaddy0077
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same intermittent problem with my Motorola Razr with the sound.  I also thought that it was an app hanging it up and also maybe an issue with ICS after it updated BUT... It was in fact a loose connection or a short at the speaker.

Fix: Applying pressure to the speaker area of the phone itself and it works just fine now.  The question is, for how long? We will see.

Thanks for the tip you guys!! One happy camper again.

ML

Senior Broadband Engineer

Portland, OR.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Michael the speaker it self doesn't have any wires that are attached to the Board it basically sets in a Round style Shaped Bowl that is on the Board and that has Contacts that Rest up to Speaker in a Picture i Provided shows how the speaker set in there.. b33

Here is that picture Via Ifixit:  You can clearly see the Contacts that Meat up with the Speaker /  Speaker Phone

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Motorola-Droid-RAZR-Teardown/7048/1

standard image 3

slickdaddy0077
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you B33. I will do this fix myself. Awesome illustration and information. Also, thank you for the link!! 🙂

ML

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome Mike)  b

0 Likes
219kimrod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tony,

Can you also assist me with immediate issues with a just received refurb Razr Maxx? My refurb arrived Wednesday afternoon and shortly after activating it began turning itself off and on with increasing frequency. Order tracking number <Deleted>

<Tracking number removed for privacy per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try a system cache clear or soft reset and see if either of those help.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's what i would Do.!  Morning Tik b

0 Likes
jmorri0283

I dont care how many time you say" To ensure we provide our customers the best, we send our Certified Like-New replacements through a rigorous 100  Quality Checklist." i have now received two like new replacements that have had defects right out of the box. The first one had the no sound issue and the second one as soon as i turned it on portions of the screen were flickering. And as far as the option of buying a  certified like new phone that is a joke. why would i pay money for a phone that you have "fixed" when you have proven to me you cant. 

0 Likes
kuck

I am having the same sound problems.  I got a replacement phone and now the replacement phone is having the same sound issue.  That is two Razr Maxx's I have had with this issue.  I went to the Verizon store and the guy says he is not aware of the issue.  Like I believe that and I don't think the expect you to, but they don't want to admit to the problem.  Mean while I am wasting my time dealing with this.  They won't let me have a different kind of phone even though I pay the extra few dollars for insurance.  And while I was at the Verizon store, the sound started working so there is nothing they can do.  I just love being treated with no respect.

0 Likes