Re: Droid RAZR Maxx HD Randomly Reboots
Vaboof

It started after the upgrade to 9.18.79.xt926 and I have done a factory reset since then plus wiping the cache partition and the reboots continued.  What will Verizon do to help?

0 Likes
oldesthippie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply...I really appreciate the help, and hope I do indeed have the roaming tone enabled, and can find it in order to turn it off!!

0 Likes
oldesthippie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you also your helpful suggestions!  The tech I spoke with at Motorola told me that I have a bad "switch" that needs to be replaced in order to prevent my screen from activating when a call is connected, but I'll try pulling the Sim card too...I actually have an extra one.  The phone came with one installed, and an extra one, and of course the one that was NOT installed was the one that was registered with the phone!!  Again, thanks for the great suggestions!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well if your in the 14 Day re-turn and feel that it needs returned for a Re-placement that's way i'd Go..

I asked some Questions on the New $10.00 T.M.P protection plan.!  with one of the Rep's that work at one of our Local Comm. Stores.. It sounds like this Protection Plan is Going to be worth the $10.00 Cost as there's Going to be a Tech Section set up Just for this program, there is a special Number that customers can dial and tech can connect directly to the problematic phone diagnose it and then Correct the Issue. It sound like a Plan worth looking at, he went on to say it's open to all Customers..

0 Likes
oldesthippie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, it was out of the 14 return time period, but I was asking her to replace it at that time, and when I contacted Verizon a few days later, they said "Nope, sorry, it's out of the 14 day return, and all you can get is a refurbished one!"  I hadn't heard about the T.M.P. protection plan, but am certainly going to look into it, as I could sure use some diagnosis!! Thanks so much for the great tip!!

Peace!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome, And have a Good Weekend Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vaboof,

Help is our middle name! Given the description of the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps you've already taken on, we may need to look into a replacement as long as you're under your one year manufacturer's warranty or have the extended warranty (stand alone feature or with total equipment coverage insurance). If this is the case, please accept my follow request, follow back, and DM your name, mobile number, and billing system password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present). Also, know you can dial 800-922-0204 for customer service, chat with our team via the "Contact Us" link on our website, or drop in store for help http://bit.ly/3SdsA .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

firstcause
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, so about 2-3 weeks ago I took your advice and got the device replacement.

I knew that it would be a refurb unit so I was leery.

I am happy to report that the unit arrived and it looked brand new, I got my stuff migrated to the new device without issue or data loss.

I powered it up and the new device has not rebooted at all in over 2 weeks! Now ALL IS WELL in the world.

Thanks for the support advice and I believe this issue is fixed! There is no doubt that my old device had a hardware issue of some kind.

0 Likes
oldesthippie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, I'm happy for you!! Mine has SO many more issues in addition to the rebooting...it drops calls all of the time, doesn't make notification tones when I get texts, presses buttons with my face when I'm talking unless I use speaker phone, and on and on. I've had a problem from the beginning with getting a refurbished phone, because I took it in withing the two week time period when they are supposed to replace it with a new one, and the girl told me that she couldn't get it to do what I was saying it was doing, and just handed it back to me. Motorola has said that they will repair it if I will send it to them, but then I'll be without a phone. So, since you had such a good experience, I'm wondering if I should just go that route as well. Seems like I'm just being stubborn at this point, dealing with all of these problems, and Verizon certainly doesn't care...not what I expected from such an expensive phone, especially as long as I've been a customer, but oh, well!! Glad to hear you've had such a good experience!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's excellent news firstcause! Replacement devices should definitely be of the highest quality! We're here to help if you need us!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes