Droid Maxx + pioneer head unit in 2014 scion tc issues
chronoglass

After i bought the phone it worked great.. then came the first update from verizon.

After that when my phone attempts to pair with the HU it will start google music, then the HU will flash the playing song briefly followed by the syncing screen(on the HU) again and the phone continues on as though it is synced.

I have tried re-setting up the pairing

factory restoring both the HU and the phone

removing and redoing the music profile.

interestingly enough, incoming phone calls will still connect via the HU as expected.

anyone else seeing anything similar?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx + pioneer head unit in 2014 scion tc issues
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

To me it sounds like you have the Call audio connected, but not the Media audio. My S4 will often hook up the Call audio to my car and the Media audio to my Bluetooth headset (which is wrong), then correct itself and connect Call and Media audio to my car..

Bluetooth Auto Connect app may be able to help you out too once you pair the device to your HU again.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx + pioneer head unit in 2014 scion tc issues
chronoglass

should have probably mentioned that as well. I have turned off and on each service individually.

on the phone and the head unit.

it actually seems to be the same issue as the razr maxx was having with some head units. (though strangely enough it took around 12 mins to finally connect via BT to my laptop as well, a lenovo yoga)

I did also reach out to the car manufacturer and of course, the phone isn't supported, because it hasn't been tested yet.

0 Likes