Droid Maxx not recognizing Qi Charger
mdutton3d

I just bought a brand new in box Droid Maxx and a Verizon Qi charger.

The phone has charged as expected for the first week of use on the wireless charger... Now the phone does not detect the charger.

My wife also has a Droid Maxx and Verizon Qi charger... Her phone recognizes both chargers, so the chargers are working.

I looked for help online buy cannot find any information to help.

Here's what I have attempted:  I have cleared the cache, rebooted the phone several times, and turned it off to let it charge on the wall charger over night.

The phone charges fine in the wall charger, it just no longer detects the Qi charger.

Any ideas??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx not recognizing Qi Charger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdutton3d-

I absolutely love being able to use a wireless charger with my phone, it's one of my most favorite features. I'm on the scene and eager to look into this right away. When did your phone stop wirelessly charging? Do you remember making any changes to your phone around that time (new software update, new applications, etc)? You mentioned that the phone doesn't detect the charger, do any errors display or does the phone just not respond to the charger?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mdutton3d

Hi AmberK_VZW,

The only activity of significance I can recall is adding my work email

account and deactivating the NFC feature.

I may have updated the software... I am fully updated. I can't recall if

this occurs before it after the wireless charging issue.

No errors, messages, or lights appear when attempting to charge on the

wireless charger... Just nothing.

Thanks,

Mike

On Nov 27, 2016 10:50 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mdutton3d

Also,

The phone stopped charging on the wireless charger after about 1-week. The

phone and charger are both brand new Verizon.

On Nov 27, 2016 10:50 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdutton3d we want to be sure you have all the power you need. Just to confirm, do you have a case on the device? If so, let's try removing the case and charging it and see if that makes a difference. Keep us posted.

RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mdutton3d

Thank you.

I have an OtterBox Commuter on my Droid Maxx..

I have removed the cover and attempted the WIRELESS charge... no difference.

Again, the phone charges fine with the cord... just not the wireless.

-Mike

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:16 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re not giving up on this, mdutton3d. Let’s keep digging and find a solution. I noticed you previously mentioned you disabled the NFC feature on your phone around the time this issue started. I would like to have you enable this again and retest. Please let us know if that makes any difference. Also I would recommend enabling safe mode to see if the issue duplicates or not. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that disables third party applications. It will help us narrow down the root cause. Click here for the steps: http://vz.to/2gRbAdx 

AnthonyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mdutton3d

Thank you.

Enabled NFC... No change.

Put phone in Safe Mode... No change.

On Dec 1, 2016 11:49 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdutton3d,

Thanks for confirming and retrying the phone. So we can best help with the next step, please reach out to us via Facebook PM (here's how: http://on.fb.me/1Qsl9Q0 ) or Twitter DM (here's how: http://bit.ly/1RAQLkF ). Make sure to include your Community Forum handle there as well.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes