Re: Droid Maxx mdnsd draining battery
DAVWHI64

No way!!! Good information. I will keep an closer eye on FB. I wonder if it has to do with their tie in to the phone’s GPS service to capture the I AM HERE location posts? I also wonder if FB turns on the GPS link every time their app downloads a software update!

0 Likes
MARYD6886
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue. I've noticed it happens every time I download a new app. I end up deleting the new app(s) then turning the phone off and charging while off. Once it goes away it doesn't come back until a new app is downloaded... never the same app twice.

0 Likes
GERKRA13

Hi,

I have a Droid Maxx and the mdnsd was also draining my battery at 34%. i read everything and did not believe that the Facebook app was the culprit...it was...I uninstalled it, charged the phone at night and the next morning it was gone. I get on facebook thru google search and actually it is almost as easy as the app.

I hope it stays gone!!!

0 Likes
tunes3540

I have a note 4. I have this same problem. I have uninstalled firefox. I have installed the package disabler for Samsung because you cannot uninstall facebook on this phone, which is [Removed] ! I have tried all kinds of service disablers. Nothing works!

The problem is:

The  MDNSD service is the number one on the battery page. It is sometimes as high as 46%. It runs the battery down very quickly. Sometimes it runs it down and heats up the battery so badly, even with it hooked to a quick charger, it runs the battery down while using it.

This problem only started six months ago. What is the deal? It doesn't always do this. I can go 5 or 6 days without a problem. Then it shows up on the battery page, and my battery goes down fast. I have googled the heck out of this and can only find that facebook and firefox are the problem. That is not it. I am getting really mad because it is not my fault. This phone has been great for 2 years. I refuse to buy another phone just to fix this! I will go to a flipphone if I have to. They always do this. They find some way to make you have to buy a new phone. [Removed]!

Please help!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
joelr_vzw
Verizon Employee

tunes3540, Let's bring life back to your Note 4's battery. It would be very challenging to have this extra drain on your battery. Have you run your phone in Safe Mode? Is anything else acting up on your phone? Please check your Device Health Check and share your results. View Device Health Check - My Verizon app - Android | Verizon Wireless 

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tunes3540

I thought I would follow up with what I did. I couldn't uninstall facebook as it is a built in app. I could however uninstall facebook updates. I did that and it solved the problem! No more mdnsd in the battery page. I am using an old version of the facebook app but it does the job fine for me. My battery has over 50% at the end of the day. Happy camper here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tunes3540. It's awesome to hear that you have been able to get this issue resolved. It's crazy how one app can cause such an effect on your phone, but it looks like you did the right steps. Let us know if there is anything else that we can help with. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!