Re: Droid Maxx Update - 23.3.24 - Breaks Wifi Capability
suprman602

I also have this issue.  Factory reset does not fix the issue.

0 Likes
Flex316

I turned off Bluetooth and my WiFi started working again

0 Likes
LWeasel

You're one of the lucky ones if that is a long-term fix.  I finally cracked and contacted Verizon; my new Maxx arrived today.  After several data resets, flakey bluetooth, flakey mobile and non-functional WiFi (I should add that my battery is now down to 8 hours of life with minimal use), I decided it was broken.  Verizon's trying to have me turn off VoLTE (an option which did not exist on my phone even with the new firmware) confirmed that something has corrupted.  Hopefully the new phone will work, but I'm afraid that is likely the only recourse we have with this issue.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If the new Droid Maxx that you got today has the Software I posted about the  21.11 21  you should be ok,  but if you have this software and the phone ask to be updated to latest..  hold off as long as you can.. you'll  have to choose a time too Delay it that is what I do with my Maxx

0 Likes
LWeasel

Duly noted, B33.  However, a little too little, too late.  I decided since VZW seems to be insisting that this is a 3rd party app issue, I would boot the new phone, accept the update (I can't stand being nagged) and do so before it even tried to install any apps. 

This time, I now have what is effectively a brick.  The update ran, the splash screen didn't change to "Powered by Android", there is no VoLTE option in the menu, WiFi doesn't work and once the phone boots, if you want to shut it off... well, you can't shut it off.  It just reboots when you hit shut down.  Now I'm agitated.  One phone is bad, two?  Not having it!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Not being able to shut the phone off,  that would get my angry side worked up real Quick..

0 Likes