Re: Droid MAXX will not connect to wifi
JSBrackett

I am experiencing the same problem with my Droid Maxx while my wife's works fine.  I have tried all suggested fixes to no avail.  I even tried in safe mode.  I have also read here that some Verizon update may be at fault? Is that true?  Any new developments or a fix?  Next I call Motorola.  This is a very serious problem that must be fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
JSBrackett

This is NOT a router issue. All other wireless devices work fine, including my wife's identical phone...so far.  I am very pissed about this.  If I have to buy a new phone because of this it certainly won't be a Motorola, that's for sure.  Great way to lose customers for life, Motorola.  I certainly won't be recommending their phones.

0 Likes
stvfarmboy

I agree it's not a router issue. I have been talking with Verizon customer service but haven't figured anything out. So far they have basically just have me try things already mentioned here. They asked for the software version number for my phone which I gave them but have not heard back. Hopefully I can get something figured out soon.

0 Likes
JSBrackett

Stvfarmboy, thanks for the info. I tried everything, but factory reset

because I read so many accounts of people trying it with no success. I

called Motorola, but the brain trusts there were only one notch above

useless. I was resigned to buying a new phone so I said to hell with it

and tried the reset since I would have to set up a new phone anyway.

Guess what? It worked. I couldn't believe it. After all the screwing

around, the thing that worked for no one else worked for me. I don't know

if we'll ever know what's causing this problem and I fully expect it to

show up again over time. We'll see.

Have you tried resetting to the factory settings? If not, I have to

suggest you try it. It saved me from having to pay $149 repair fee for

them to send a new one which would likely have the same problem at some

point.

Best of luck to you and everyone else dealing with this issue. Let us know

if you come up with a verified cause and solution because I think I may

have fixed it, but I don't think I solved anything.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Bob_S1

I have been having this issue for some time now. I spoke to numerous Verizon reps. They sent me a refurbished Moto Maxx that had more problems than just not recognizing WiFi. They had me reload the software. They sent me a second replacement that seemed to be working properly. For a week it was connecting to my saved WiFi's and showing local WiFi's.Yesterday, I noticed that it has stopped connecting manually. What I have discovered over this whole ordeal is there are two ways to connect to WiFi; 1. Put phone in airplane mode, turn WiFi on, once connected, shut airplane mode off. You should be fine until you leave that WiFi location. 2. Shut phone off and restart. Don't know what is causing this issue, I'm just glad I still have unlimited data.

0 Likes
stvfarmboy

I did try a factory reset but that didn't seem to help. My phone randomly connected to my WiFi last night so I could update some apps. We will see if it connects tonight when I get home.

0 Likes
tdkleffman

i did a factory reset and it worked for a few days.  there seems to be some sort of conflict between bluetooth and wifi.  if i leave bluetooth turned off my phone has no problems with wifi.  if i leave bluetooth turned on, my wifi will only connect to my home router, and won't display any other available networks no matter where i'm at.  it's weird because this just started a few weeks ago, and i've had the phone since march.   😞

0 Likes
lampg

I guess I got excited to soon. My phone has gotten worse. It now drops my

home wifi. The only way I can get it to reconnect is to turn it off. When I

turn it back on, it connects to the wifi but I don't have internet

service. I'm done. Calling Verizon in the morning and getting a new phone.

0 Likes
lampg

So, I put my phone in airplane mode and turned off blue-tooth and my phone

connected to my home wifi.

I still called Verizon and told them I wanted a new phone. They are

shipping it out and I should have it my Tuesday.

This is why I stay with Verizon, I love their customer support.

0 Likes
stvfarmboy

I have tried turning off my Bluetooth and for the moment that seems to be working. So I can only have Bluetooth or wifi at the moment. It's not a perfect solution but it works. I will report back if that stops working or I figure anything else out.

0 Likes