Re: Droid MAXX will not connect to wifi
HyperSprite
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having trouble since 4.4.4 was installed. I have cleared the cache, tried it in "safe mode", tried all the various wireless settings. Rebooted routers (even though none of the other devices in my house have any issue).

Most times when I go into wireless, only one randomly picked wireless access point shows up. If I scan for networks, sometimes more show up, but usually not. If I reboot the phone, sometimes for a few minutes it will connect, and then disconnect, a few minutes later.

The only way I can make it work at all is to put the Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx in airplane mode and then turn on Wifi, leaving 4G and BT off.

So my Verizon Motorola Droid Maxx can be a phone or an internet device but not both. This is entirely unacceptable.  

deejkdeejk

This is seriously sad. Verizon has the absolute worst customer service.

My Droid Maxx has been having the exact same problems you've all been explaining, and of course, this forces me to eat up data from my plan in order to do anything even remotely internet-related. If I'm about to go over, it shuts off, and I can't even send or receive MMS messages (which is included as part of my plan, 'unlimited SMS/MMS messaging', but okay)... but that's a different issue. The point is, I'm being forced to use network data no matter what I do.

I have an iPod, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S3, and Motorola Sidekick Slide in my household which are connected to my router - no problem whatsoever. The only device having an issue with WiFi seems to be this device.

I've tried Safe Mode.

I've tried Airplane Mode.

I've tried Airplane Mode with only WiFi enabled.

I've tried rebooting the router.

I've tried rebooting the modem.

I can't connect to WiFi from other sources; same deal.

I have not downloaded any 3rd-party applications.

My device has not been dropped, waterlogged, or otherwise physically compromised.

Within WiFi > Advanced, I have disabled 'Avoid poor connections' and set 'Keep WiFi on during sleep' to 'Always'.

What do I do now? I'm trapped. If I call Customer Service, I'm likely to get someone who has been told to simply empathize and be nice to me. If I go into the store, they'll tell me to call the defunct Customer Service line. My only option is to come here to their internet forum, where I can be actively ignored or otherwise not serviced behind the safety of distance and written communication.

[Removed]

Contract end date, I eagerly await your arrival.

Message edited as required by

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Norajm

Have same issues with my phone-spent hours on phone with tech support-none of my apps will open if wifi is on-when I go to wifi settings to choose network which says excellent connection- I choose it then it says poor connection- went to verizon store and connected to verizon wifi and magically everything worked flawlessly...interesting..... got home and the same issues continue (this happens everywhere not just home and we have 3 other phones with no issue at home- it won't even connect with router and all others do) they told me to upgrade my phone (and be stuck for another 2 yrs no thanks) problem not with phone as it worked perfectly on their network what's up with that??? Please let me know if anyone with same issues is able to bring their phone to store, connect with verizon network, and has it work perfectly  There  Thanks

0 Likes
traumachsr911
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, this did the trick. Now to find the culpurate ...

0 Likes
AGK925

I had similar problems to many people here. I could not get the WiFi or Bluetooth to turn on it would just keep turning itself off. Also, my device would reboot randomly after disconnecting from a bluetooth device when I could actually get the Bluetooth on.@

Do you have tiny flashlight installed? After uninstalling that app my phone has been working perfectly.

0 Likes
lampg

I just started experiencing this problem. If I leave my house and return my phone will not connect to the WiFi. I have turn it off then turn it back on. What's odd is my wife's phone isn't having this problem.  How do you explain that?

I've done a factory reset and it worked for a week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello lampg. We are here to help! I read that you have done a master reset. By any chance did you reinstall any third part apps after restoring the phone?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lampg

I restored all of the apps I had before minus one that I thought caused the

problem. However, after reading several forums, I see that this is a

widespread problem. What I don't understand is, my wife has the exact same

phone and she isn't having this problem.

The only work around I have right now is to turn my phone off when I walk

in the house and then turn it back on in order for it to connect to my home

wifi.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for responding back to us lampg. How long have you had this device? Also, is it the original phone?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lampg

I bought it last August and yes it is the original phone.

On Aug 20, 2015 5:21 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes