Droid 2 turbo problems continue
JENFIT37
Enthusiast - Level 1

About 10 days or so ago, i noticed my droid 2 was randomly powering off.  After a few days of this it started to show that the battery was dead even though it has just been plugged into the charger.  Now it is powering off randomly at least 5x a day, wont let you turn it on as it shows the battery is dead, but when you plug it in it shows the correct charge sometimes as high as 80%+ and you can power it on immediately and remove it from the charger immediately as well.

I was just about to contact verizon today as i finally had enough of this and much to my surprise there was a software update that was to fix the battery issue.  So i downloaded the update and everything was fine for about 3 hours.  The phone is back to doing the exact same thing again.  Update = worthless.  It appears from various internet searches that there seems to be ALOT of issues with this phone.  Motorola and Verizon need to own up to the fact that this device has some sort of engineering/manufacturing defect and is not up to par with even the cheapest of phones.  i will be contacting Verizon to have this phone exchanged for a new one as i am NOT going to pay them $500 for a piece of junk that has all these problems after 5 months.  If the problems persist with another turbo 2 phone, im going to invoke a lemon law and go from there if they will not replace it with another phone from another manufacturer.  i have been a verizon customer for a long time and i loved my original droid, but this thing is junk.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid 2 turbo problems continue
ChemNerd24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did not have any problems before this latest software update, but since the update my phone likes to turn off a couple times a day and it will not turn back on unless I plug it into a charger or put it on a charging stand. Almost immediately the phone will start to boot up and then I everything is fine until it does it again. This software update that was supposed to fix a problem, gave me a problem.

0 Likes
iambam1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you had any luck? I am now going on my 3rd replacement and they are only telling me that my only options are to get the replacement or pay off on of my phones and start a new agreement.

gd57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had 3 bad droid turbo 2 phon es and am now waiting on my 4th replacement.  I purchased the phone in December of 2015. Not even a year old yet. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Motorola and Verizon troubleshooting. I have pleaded for help from Motorola, as in a brandnew replacement phone, to no avail. They are replacing with "like new replacement devices". of which we all know what that means. And, as an added bonus, Motorola charges $24.95 to replace a phone under warranty!  At this point, I believe the actual phone to be of inferior quality, and would like to return it for another brand. I have pleaded with Verizon Wireless for help. I was told I could pay off my phone, use it for a back up,and go ahead and purchase another phone.  Really? Where is the help at? I was credited $36.00 on my account so that I may pay $3 a month for a 12 month extended warranty. That is a little something at least. But why does no one , Verizon Wireless or Motorola take responsibility and try to make a customer happy? For $600 plus dollars, the customer should fully expect to be on their 4th replacement phone in 8 months? Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAWN39
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am averaging a phone a month... I lost count.. I think this is my sixth replacement phone. All replaced under warranty.. so frustrating. Verizon wireless is telling me the only option is to keep replacing the phone under warranty. I can't get a new one for a year and half. Have you had any luck?

0 Likes
JIMBO966

I agree. Someone needs to suck up amd take responsibility for this LEMON of a phone. Especially for a $625 phome! I bought a brand new Turbo 2 back in May. A charging issue began in late October. It was replaced with refurbished one on November 9th. That one lasted just under 3 weeks. Same problem. New one received yesterday. That lasted about 16 hours. This time with a screen issue. Constant flickering. Started while it was sitting in my cup holder while I was eating my lunch. A new refurbished one should be here today. Factory reset every time. Get the new phone and spend 2 hours personalizing it only to have to do it again in a couple weeks, or a couple hours.  With my bill being over $340 per month (5 lines) I would think Verizon would say let's get this guy a phone that will last before he takes his business to AT&T.... Motorola AND Verizon need to take note.

0 Likes
whitcher

I agree.  I have had two of these phones and although the first one seemed OK eventually the battery life got very short.  Since the battery isn't Easily replaceable I simply bought a new phone, same Droid Turbo 2 because they are very rugged.

After a few months the problems started.  The phone crashes and needs to be rebooted for no apparent reason, and battery life is about 8 hours, nothing like 48 hours.  the mini usb charging plug is junk and is intermittent at best, which is why every other mfr has switched to USB A. The only saving grace is that I did not buy this phone from Verizon so didn't over pay for it.

Avoid this phone at all costs.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes