Driod Turbo 2 Buzzing Earpiece / Static volume
LBK11

So I finally got a new phone. Seems like this has been an ongoing issue. Which I wasn't aware until it happened. I got a SIM card replacement to fix the issue.... It happened again, got a new phone replacement.... It still buzzes... So how did you remedy the situation.

This is quite bothersome. Having to reset everything and update the phone to new marshmallow...etc... Everything all over like a new phone set up.

Do I have to keep trying a new phone to hopefully get one that is not defective? Is there a batch that can be recalled... Seriously if this has been an ongoing issue, why hasn't there been any changes to new version of the devices.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Driod Turbo 2 Buzzing Earpiece / Static volume
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

steve1001,

Thank you for the information. Having a buzzing is not fun, we certainly want you to have a working phone. We have seen this behavior when Lifeproof cases are in use. However, disabling Ambient Noise Cancellation resolves the behavior. We have not been able to duplicate this concern outside of the Lifeproof case or with Ambient Noise Cancellation disabled. If you are experiencing this behavior outside of the case then it is possible the microphone may be damaged causing problems with Noise Cancellation. I know you already had several replacements but we have resolved this with the manufacturer warranty replacement. Just curious, have you tried contacting Motorola?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the Advanced Calling/HD Voice feature on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LBK11

No I am not. Sometimes it's a short pulsing buzz, other times it's a longer

hold.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LBK11, that certainly is a strange occurrence. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. As a user of the Droid Turbo 2 myself, I've not encountered this as an issue. I only recently performed the update after putting it off for 2 months but since a new security update also came out, I ran both the Marshmallow update and security patch updates back to back. Does this happen everywhere you are or just at a certain location? Does it make a difference if wifi or bluetooth is on or off when you hear the buzzing/pulsing noise? Let us know. I'm sure we can figure this out.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LBK11

It happens every time I'm on a call. Sometimes when playing games the music

gets a little bit distorted. That only happens when multiple chimes are

happening at the same time.

Thank you for trying to troubleshoot this. I have exchanged for a new

phone. I only had to do 1 update with the replacement phone. Where as I had

to do 2 plus the security with the original phone.

I'll keep you posted.

On May 19, 2016 12:02 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update LBK11. We want to help get this resolved for you. Are you using a case on the device by any chance? There are reports of this issue with lifeprrof cases. Please let us know. BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LBK11

I still get the buzz. Yes, I'm using the life proof case. I have tried

without the case, but it still happens.

I have noticed a longer buzzing pulse instead. First day of use was fine.

Second day started with buzz.

I have a white turbo, not sure if it makes any difference. But my spouse

has a black one and his is fine. I'm just clueless as to why this happens.

I believe, in reviews and ratings I have found this to be a problem since

2013 for Motorola devices.

So now what is next?

Thanks, Kam

On May 25, 2016 5:27 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see if we can discover the cause of this issue. When viewing the earpiece, do you notice any potential physical damage or water damage around it? How long have you had the device?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
steve1001

I have now had THREE Droid Turbo 2 phones since May of this year, all replaced by Verizon and each of them has done this same buzzing thing.  The buzzing happens completely randomly.  It is a low frequency buzz, coming from what feels like the camera area of the phone, not the lower speakers.  It is quite loud and the person on the other end hears it as well. 

There are many people on the internet complaining about this issue with the Droid Turbo 2, so it's obviously a design issue.  What should I do?  I do not want yet another one of these phones.  I think 3 out of 3 is bad enough and proves there is a definite design problem. 

I have experienced this problem both with and without the phone in the Lifeproof case - it is not the case causing the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

steve1001,

Thank you for the information. Having a buzzing is not fun, we certainly want you to have a working phone. We have seen this behavior when Lifeproof cases are in use. However, disabling Ambient Noise Cancellation resolves the behavior. We have not been able to duplicate this concern outside of the Lifeproof case or with Ambient Noise Cancellation disabled. If you are experiencing this behavior outside of the case then it is possible the microphone may be damaged causing problems with Noise Cancellation. I know you already had several replacements but we have resolved this with the manufacturer warranty replacement. Just curious, have you tried contacting Motorola?

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes