Driod Razr Maxx HD - Phone Ringing Through Speaker With Bluetooth Connected
Robert_Drexl
Enthusiast - Level 2

When someone calls me at work and I have my bluetooth headphones connected, my phone rings through the speaker not the headphones.  Are there any plans to fix this bug, any workarounds, or any help at all?  Very distracting, and having to use wired headphones is a trip hazard I would rather avoid.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Driod Razr Maxx HD - Phone Ringing Through Speaker With Bluetooth Connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure that we avoid any and all hazards at work. I know how important it is for the device and accessory to work in harmony. Have you tested the bluetooth with any other device? Has this always been the case with this bluetooth?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Robert_Drexl
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only two bluetooth devices I have tested this with are my bluetooth headphones (MEELectronics Air Fi) and my 2010 f150 Sync system.  Both have the same problem.  I am running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 and I have the latest system that came out (last week I think?).  The problem started when I first bought the phones, so I don't think any app is causing the issue.  I believe that other's have had the same problem. 

Also when someone does call me the volume ringing through the speaker seems to be tied to the volume of my bluetooth device.  So it doesn't matter what volume I have my ringtone set at (On, Vibrate, SIlent).

I have tried using Smart Actions to block only calls so I don't have to turn off my mobile network.  But smart actions does not prevent the call and subsequently does not prevent the loud ringing/playing of my music through the phone's speaker.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Robert_Drexl,

Let's get this resolved! Is this an available feature on the MEELectronics Air-Fi? Bluetooth devices have different features and functions depending on the device.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Robert_Drexl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure what the "this" in your sentence refers to.  But the headphones are recognized as a hands free device.  I can answer the calls through them.  But I doubt this is problem is specific to any Bluetooth device.  From what I have heard it is an issue with any Bluetooth headset/headphones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Robert_Drexl,

Thanks for the additional information. I have the LG Tone bluetooth headset myself and haven't experienced these same types of issues.

I am unfamiliar with this accessory as this is not one we sell. Have you tried reaching out to the manufacture of the headset to see if what you are referring to is an available feature?

NicholasB_VZW

0 Likes
Robert_Drexl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would contact the manufacturer about this problem if it was exclusive to one device, but the problem is on my headset and present when interacting with the SYNC system in my Ford Truck.  Is this an issue I need to take up with Motorola?  From what I have read on the internet others started having this problem after updating to Jelly Bean (so before I bought my phone).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Robert_Drexl. If your difficulties are specific with the SYNC system, I recommend contacting your auto manufacturer. I'm sorry we can't guarantee compatibility with all vehicles or hands free systems. If your phone will connect successfully with other bluetooth devices, our control is limited.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Robert_Drexl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it seems that no one who works for support can read an entire post.  My issue is repeatable across multiple Bluetooth devices of different makes, models and brands.  So logically, that means the common denominator (the phone) is likely the problem.  Can someone please look into a solution involving the phone rather than blaming the peripherals?  And in response to Jonathan connecting to Bluetooth was never a problem.  I will ask again, do I need to go to Motorola with this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly want to see this issue resolved, Robert_Drexl. We're working to ensure this occurs. You're always welcome to reach out to the manufacturer for device concerns.

Does toggling the bluetooth while the device is connected allow the ringtone to be heard through the headset? Have you tested the device in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/12vTROa

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes