Downloading Photos from Phone
abcddbca

I took some pics with my phone and I would like to download them to my computer. This should be a very easy process.

So I hook up the phone to the laptop with a USB cord. To start, Verizon Cloud starts backing up all of my content from my laptop to the cloud, something completely uncalled for. It takes me a while to stop this. Then I finally find my pictures. I can see them but there is no option to download them. I read the help about "Retrieving Photos from your Handset". I do as stated, I have Mac OS X 10.6.8, but, even after reconnecting my phone, the download of pics does not start.

After half a hour, I have no idea how to get my pics from my phone and I am extremely annoyed that VZW is trying to push down our shove its new product to make us buy Cloud space. Let me add that I have found this new phone poorly designed along many other dimensions. This is just the last straw. Good job, really.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Downloading Photos from Phone
Not applicable
0 Likes
abcddbca

Thanks, Elector but that does not work for me as I have a Mac.

The solution was to download Android File Transfer here:

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

The pics saved on the camera are then in the "DCIM/Camera" folder and not in the "Pictures" folder.

0 Likes
PrNate

I have a Mac, too.  I also have opened Android File Transfer.  I get the message, "No Android Device Found.  Please connect your Android device with a USB cable to get started."

Phone is connected to computer with the cable provided when phone was purchased.

Now what?

0 Likes
Montel2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try this:

1. Go into Settings, then scroll down to the bottom and click on About Phone.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom to where it says “Build Number”.
  3. Tap on “Build number” 7 times. After the third tap, Android will start counting down on how many taps are left before you can access the developer options, with a playful “You are now [insert number of remaining taps] steps away from being a developer”.
  4. After the 7th tap, you’ll get a “You are now a developer!” message.
  5. Now, go back to the main settings screen, and voila, the “Developer options” menu will be visible at the bottom, just above “About phone”!
  6. using the developer option, you should enable USB debugging and everything should work now.
0 Likes
PrNate

Nope, it doesn't work. Tried three times. Other ideas?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep.

Dropbox 

It's a free app, cross platform so it works on Mac, Windows, android and IOS.

Download on your phone first, it will send email to your Mac to get the free download on the Mac.  It provides 5GB of free storage and will automatically download daily, over your home wifi.

You have access anytime to photos with your smartphone, computer and any other device you put Dropbox on.

I have been using it as the bridge and storage for my IOS, Mac and Android for over a year and have earned extra storage of 1.4 GB, total 6.4 GB

It can store more than photos and video.   Documents, contact lists, it syncs my passwords between IOS and android phone.

As. I mentioned it will auto download photo and video, you can choose to un-link, and do this on demand if you like.

Give it a try, hope you like it.

0 Likes
PrNate

Thanks. I've heard it recommended frequently. Perhaps I should act on it!

Nate

0 Likes
Not applicable

Let everyone know how it goes.

0 Likes
PrNate

Works pretty slick! Sure I won't upload sensitive info, but for a quickie

move, 's great! Thanks for the suggestion! N

0 Likes