Re: Don't want to download email from server. How?
ricks99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry if I wasn't clear... I'm not changing anything on my PC. After I download/read a message on my PC, I don't want it to be available for my RAZR. I have the Leave a copy on the server option unselected.

There's some setting on the RAZR that I can't find... As I said, it worked (and continues to work) just fine on my old Droid1.

-R

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

thanks but i'm not having a problem with the way i setup outlook express, with neither of those boxes checked.

0 Likes
ricks99
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is what happens on my Droid1.

If I get a message, and it is unread, when I download/read it from my desktop PC, it is no longer visible in my Droid1 inbox. I simply want the same functionality on my new RAZR. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well unless the Internals of the phones are completely different in the Messages Area I would think they work the Same But that Droid 1 is almost 2 1/2 years old compared to the Razr And things i Guess can an do Change in it!!...b33

0 Likes
fixthat

I got news for you.  It don't work.  I know exactly what you are talking about.  Regrettably, the clerks at the Verizon store don't have Razrs so they don't understand us.  A call to the help desk found "some" recognition of the problem, and "they are working on it"  That was Last winter.

I found very few email apps in the marketplace on my phone.

K9 (as in Doctor Who's robot dog) sorta works, you can have multiple accounts but I have to switch manually and download to each one.  "Unified Inbox" doesn't seem to work like suggested.

Another workaround I was told about was to use gmail  to retrieve the email from all your other accounts and then use the gmail reader.  watta crock.

I only hope that each upgrade will fix the email, or the 4G/3G fumbling.

Jeff

Green Bay Wisconsin

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like a Toot Toot of a Problem for Sure!! b33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Can't fix the software bug, all I can do is suggest a workaround until it gets resolved...

Care to share what issues you have with the universal box on K9? I have 6 accounts and haven't had issues.

0 Likes
fixthat

Clerk at the store was telling me Bionic and razr practically the same program, and he don't have a problem with email.  But WE still do.  Every phone is different.  That is why some have Ice Cream now and they are telling me (and my Razr) next summer/fall.  Ice Cream was practically on the doorstep when razr came out last thanksgiving, not like we are dealing with old chips here.

0 Likes
fixthat

So I got AOL and Yahoo.  (And gmail, but not by choice.  I don't use it.) All the email I see is from one account.

Then I go to settings, account, select the other account and refresh.  There is my other list of mail.

Selecting Unified inbox or All messages does not get me a list from both accounts.

If we could fix this, then we might try and solve ghost mail.  the account name would have a (2) by it sometimes, but I cannot find any mail in any of those inboxes.  Or it would say (6) and there would be 4, cannot find the other 2

go to my home computer, and there they are, in main inbox.

0 Likes
fixthat

When all your emails won't go away, you'll give a toot.  Especially during the quarterly spam breakthrough.

0 Likes