Does anyone have Bluetooth failures with Mot Razr Droid Maxx using car hands free systems
mrothberg

Both my wife and I have Razr Droid Maxx's and are having the same problems with our respective cars.  At times, the phone will drop the bluetooth connection and it will have to be rebooted at which point it will be discovered and re-connected to the car.  The problem is NOT in the car, as we have a Ford Fusion and a Toyota Camry and we encounter the same problem with both.

Both phones are running Ice Cream Sandwich and we have verified all of the bluetooth settings at both ends of the connection.For some reason the phones.

The problem is particularly annoying in that, at least in the Camry, you are unable to reconnect the phone while driving, so you have to pull over and put the car in Park in order to do it.

Verizon tech support and the Verizon store have been of no help.  They simply shrug their shoulders and say they have never heard of the problem.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Does anyone have Bluetooth failures with Mot Razr Droid Maxx using car hands free systems
debbidoda

I have this problem from time to time and yes I have to reboot the phone, turn off the car and turn it back on.  Then it works for a couple of months.  I just make sure when I get into the car and start it up that my phone dings at me to signal bluetooth connected.

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone have Bluetooth failures with Mot Razr Droid Maxx using car hands free systems
stamo157

Some phones are NOT compatible with newer vehicle's bluetooth systems. My Wife's Lexus RX would connect and then disconnect. We had to upgrade to a newer phone that worked. The Verizon Rep set it up while we were in the parking lot. Works great now.

Toyota has a web page dealing with this issue, although not very helpful.

http://www.toyota.com/connect/

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone have Bluetooth failures with Mot Razr Droid Maxx using car hands free systems
blueglacia

I use Razr HD Maxx and used to have bluetooth disconnect problems during the calls. I tried everything I could think of, all in vain. Factory-reset solved the problem only for a while. Finally, I have found that some communication apps like Viber have the nasty habit of asserting itself every few minutes during non-Viber calls and reset both the bluetooth and speakerphone state to the default mode. This causes bluetooth to disconnect or turn off the speakerphone a few minutes into every non-Viber call. If you have an app like Viber, try either freezing it or uninstalling it. Uninstalling Viber was the only permanent solution to my bluetooth disconnect problems.

0 Likes