Re: Does anyone else feel jipped by the release of the Droid Max?
john000892
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's PC world saying it has DISMAL BATTERY LIFE:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243328/motorola_droid_razr_review_thin_and_fast_but_short_on_battery_life.html

Huffington Post (Short battery life)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/droid-razr-review_n_1085932.html

I read nothing but good reviews from CNET before I bought the phone...

moral of the story is, CNET lies and then people blame you for not doing

"research'. -_-

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I bet if I had the razr I could get 10+ hours out of it. 🙂 Some people think they are "light" users but don't understand they might be but their background data or apps they use may have a bug and stop their phones from idling. Running a task killer wastes battery.

0 Likes
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand both points of view here. New technology is always coming out, so it is smart to research for when phones will be coming out. I originally planned to get the Razr until I started reading about the Nexus, I waited for the release of that phone and am glad I did.

However, I would be mad if I purchased the Razr only to find out that verizon was releasing basically the same phone, with just a bigger battery for the same price. I think its lame verizon didn't just release the one with the bigger battery first, they had to have known the razr would have battery issues. But that's the pains of having so much technology available

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ditto tidbits. i'd be curious to see the real uptime on the phone because i'm betting it is at least 2 hours (likely closer to 3). EVERY android is going to get about 2-3 hours of uptime. where the difference lies, is whether you use it for those 2 hours in the first 5-8 hours of it being fully charged. if you do, then yes, it will be dead in 5-8 hours. ie: carge it and immeditely watch a movie....it will be dead. charge it and spend 1-2 hours on it (texting, browsing, calls, emails, etc) then it won't last long. but if you use it off and on for a couple of hours throughout the day, then you'll get 10+ hours. if you fully charge it and barely use it (1/2-1 hour) and it's dead in 5 hours, then it's defective. i know people with razors and they simply don't have a bad battery life (no worse than any other android)

0 Likes
john000892
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is ridiculous !!! Obviously it's not your fault lol.... But I switched to the iPhone 4 and with the same use I've been getting 16 hours of battery life with Bluetooth and wifi on. The droid could do more .... (not by much)

Sent from my iPhoneg

0 Likes
armus

so I just went a couple rounds with Verizon customer service about the new maxx. Their reply was basically what you'd imagine, "screw you." I spoke with a supervisor who repeated that message, essentially. I also spoke with her boss who said that it's not their problem. New phones get released all the time and we didn't know what Motorola was going to do. She also said they haven't gotten any calls about the Razr's bad battery life. They say the issue of battery life is Motorola's problem, not verizons, and if Motorola feels that it's an error, they will have to recall the phone. The next patch is also suppose to improve battery life - a point never mentioned in any notes about the leaked upgrade. My stance on this is that Motorola issued the "fix" in the form of the Maxx and now it falls to Verizon to satisfy its customers. Since Tamika at extension xxxx (phone xxx-xxx-xxxx) hasn't recieved phone calls about this, we should call her.

Make no mistake: Verizon has you locked into a contract with a phone with an inadiquate battery and they plan to do nothing to help you. big brother my ass

Edited to remove personal information

Message was edited by: Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry to say... It's not the same usage. They iPhone doesn't multitask like Android does, and the notifications and background processing is different. Android gives you more in those catagories. It's the reason why I said. You may be a light to moderate user, but your actually are not.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jscrawley wrote:

I understand both points of view here. New technology is always coming out, so it is smart to research for when phones will be coming out. I originally planned to get the Razr until I started reading about the Nexus, I waited for the release of that phone and am glad I did.

However, I would be mad if I purchased the Razr only to find out that verizon was releasing basically the same phone, with just a bigger battery for the same price. I think its lame verizon didn't just release the one with the bigger battery first, they had to have known the razr would have battery issues. But that's the pains of having so much technology available

You must not be a iPhone user because this has been their pattern since the first one hit the market..   Can some one say the iPhone 4 , 4S and 5....  Not to forget that none of them is 4G which mean still using hardware from original devices..

armus wrote:

so I just went a couple rounds with Verizon customer service about the new maxx. Their reply was basically what you'd imagine, "screw you." I spoke with a supervisor who repeated that message, essentially. I also spoke with her boss who said that it's not their problem. New phones get released all the time and we didn't know what Motorola was going to do. She also said they haven't gotten any calls about the Razr's bad battery life. They say the issue of battery life is Motorola's problem, not verizons, and if Motorola feels that it's an error, they will have to recall the phone. The next patch is also suppose to improve battery life - a point never mentioned in any notes about the leaked upgrade. My stance on this is that Motorola issued the "fix" in the form of the Maxx and now it falls to Verizon to satisfy its customers. Since Tamika at extension xxxx (phone xxx-xxx-xxxx) hasn't recieved phone calls about this, we should call her.

Make no mistake: Verizon has you locked into a contract with a phone with an inadiquate battery and they plan to do nothing to help you. big brother my ***

Edited to remove personal information

Message was edited by: Moderator

This isn't no different than what Motorola did with the Droid X and then a few months later they released the Droid X2, this is all a game and you shouldn't jump into a game until you understand the stakes..

trippester

The release of the Maxx isn't ideal considering I ,like many others, bought the Razr.  However, as far as the performance of my Razr - the battery hasn't been something I feel is hindering my usage. I do have to make sure that I charge it every night, and I keep the portable Motorola charge device  with me at all times but I do not feel that I am having to recharge every time I turn around. Maybe since I have had 5 diff types of Droids prior to the Razr I am used to this?  That being said, considering everything that I use my phone for, I would more than likely do the same with the Maxx.  I have had the Razr since not long after its release and am still not having any complaints about the phone( i travel with work, and so many areas are not fully 4G yet and the lag while the phone switches between the two is my biggest complaint....the Maxx cant fix the lacking 4G coverage - to my knowledge).  We all know how often new phones are released, and I have def. purchased a phone, that ended up being a dud in comparison to the hype made about it (the Droid Bionic) only to have the Razr introduced as the phone the  bionic was supposed to be. Anyway, in the end no one's phone is the newest/best version for very long now.

0 Likes
californianPR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh man you are sooo right. I got mine online the day it came out. Thought I had 30 days to test drive it. Tried to return it on day 15 and found out I couldn't because they had changed it to 14 days. Whaaa??? There is something wrong when you have to keep the phone plugged into the wall in order to use it? I even went out and bought an extension chord to be able to use it everywhere in my room at home. I even told them I wanted to go back to my droid one. They still said no!! UGH!

0 Likes