Do I have a bad battery on RAZR M?
motobro77

I just got a droid razr m a few weeks ago with my upgrade and one of the major reasons i got it was because of the great battery life verizon/motorola advertised and a lot of people on forums confirmed that it did indeed have great battery life. For me however this is not the case. I have been far less than pleased, let alone impressed by the battery life i am getting with my phone. Most people that can make it two days without having to charge their razr m, I, however, have yet to make it past a day, even when I am very conscious about my usage. Verizon and motorola's pages for the phone says it can get about 20 hours of mixed usage, while i am lucky if i get 8. I have checked and there is nothing that is draining my battery(wifi~4%, screen~60-70%, android OS~10%, everything else is around 5% or lower). I have auto adjust for brightness on and when i dont i have the screen at ~20% brightness. I mostly use it for texting, web browsing, facebook and watching tv shows i have downloaded on my computer via a windows share/smb(but even when i dont watch much video there is not really a noticeable difference). I have games on there but i dont play them much and they dont seem to be the culprit.

Is my battery bad? Should I have it sent back? or is just my definition of "normal" and "heavy" usage different from everybody elses?

What does everybody else mean when they say "normal", "light" or "heavy" usage? whats verizon and motorola's definition of mixed usage?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this( and maybe respond?)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Do I have a bad battery on RAZR M?
motobro77

i also want to note that i use battery defender so that i dont have any data or wifi on while my screen is off. and probably around 80-90% of the data i use is via wifi, not 4G. and even while i was at work today, where i only used my phone on my lunch break(FB, and chrome. No games at all), my battery drained about 20%. I am extremely disappointed with this device's battery right now.

0 Likes
Re: Do I have a bad battery on RAZR M?
Merlin007

restrict background Data that uses a lot of battery power

0 Likes