Re: Data Problems Getting Ridiculous
shannonnc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the 4G Data Connectivity Issues. I am using a Droid Bionic I got last year in September and it just started happening earlier this month maybe a few times before the .905 update and frequently afterwards. When I switch my phone to CDMA Only (3G), it is very stable and I incur no data drops but when on CDMA/LTE (4G) It goes white often without even trying to switch over to 3G to compensate. I think this is an issue with the 4G Network and not the device, as it seems to be happening with a number of devices from a number of manufacturers. For example, Razr, Razr Maxx, Thunderbolt, Nexus, Rezound, Bionic, etc. There are many forums complaining of the same issues that have "suddenly" popped up over the last 3 weeks and it does not seem to matter if the phone is rooted or not (mine's not). I talked to Verizon Tech Support today and he had me reset the 4G sim card. I am at work in a 3G area right now and will not be able to see if it worked until I get home tonight. We'll see. fingers crossed.

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon / AdamE -

I'm having the same 4g LTE connectivity issues with my Droid Bionic.  Will this apps also help my Bionic?  I have forced my phone to 3g to maintain stability.

0 Likes
Data Problems Getting Ridiculous
FluteChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded the connectivity app and it didn't help.

0 Likes
mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Adam

Thanks for the response.

First, I don't use any battery saver apps of any kind.

Problems started roughly two weeks ago, first tried Airplane mode, and then power cycle - No fix.

Spoke to tech support on the phone, they recommended a new SIM card.  Replaced 6/13, but same problem when I got out of the parking lot of the store.  Took it back in, but they had no answers.

Took to a different store on the 6/16, they tried a soft reset - no good.  Then there big idea was to turn off the 4G radio and run on 3G but thats not what I spend a fortune for each month.

I have already tried the Moto Restore Connectivity App, but it did nothing good.

I have been traveling for a couple of weeks on business and have encountered this problem in Dallas, TX; Nashville Tn all the way down the I-24 corridor into Chattanooga, TN; and all the way down the I-59 corridor to Birmingham where I live, so it is not happening in an isolated area, seem to happen everywhere I go.

Also tried a full factory reset (royal pain btw) but no fix either.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Mesii how was Sim Card handled when it was Installed..

0 Likes
borc

I'm also having 4g drops consistently . It started around the 7th of June , give or take a day or so.... HTC Rezound.  Prior to this I have had no issues .... also a few friends have all been having same issue for the last 2 weeks. We all have different model 4G phone from vzw ...  of course you call in and they tell you nothing is wrong , must be your phone , master reset it, ETC, same crap , different day. I just wish they would acknowledge that there is a issue at least it will put some of us to rest . Give us some piece of mind that there looking into it.... but probably not .

0 Likes
mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I remember seeing him pop it out with the gold side down, but other than that I don't really know. Had someone with me, and I was talking with them through most of it.  distractions, they'll get you everytime

0 Likes
STUDIORAT67
Enthusiast - Level 2

the restore connectivity app is useless its nothing  but a toggle and acts the same as a soft reset, I for one will not stand for this on my device, I have issues with data since the 2nd week of owning my device and was told by CS Rep to turn 4g off and I went ballistic on her, asking why would they sell a product whos key feature is useless? her reply was.....4G is still new and not perfected yet.....Do you believe the Gall of this company.

STUDIORAT67
Enthusiast - Level 2

amen to that my company spends $4,000 a month on Verizon they better get their collective asses together and fix this

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Messii if the phone was Display up and the Card was gold side Down that's why it wouldn't Work: the card was installed Wrong. It's Display has to be Up an the Sim Card's Contacts need to be Gold Side Up as Well. And there is a Spring Mechanism in the Razr that fully Seats the Card in the Razr if it's not full seated in you will have Issues..

0 Likes