Re: Data Problems Getting Ridiculous
B33
Legend

Or would make for a Good Mirror when your Hair is out of Place. Just Funne a little But i do understand what you Mean.! b33

mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got a buzz cut, so I'm in the clear on that one 🙂

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Cool i wear my Hair Short all the Time too.!  With this Heat it's Must.. b33

0 Likes
brad311
Enthusiast - Level 3

mesii -

I have been having the same problem in the Chicago area since about 6/6 on a Droid Bionic.  If I run SpeedTest, I have about a 50/50 chance of it completing without a data disconnect.  First noticed this happening while using Navigation.  I rebooted today and removed the battery.  No change, and very frustrating.

I've received the Bionic 5.9.905 update, which was suppose to improve the data connection.  I am still frequently being disconnected from 4g.  If I switch to 3g, then it is completely stable...I just cannot stand the 3g speed after zipping along on 4g.

Droid Bionic - Chicago area

0 Likes
FluteChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having the same issue on my HTC Thunderbolt for about a month now. My husband has a Galaxy Nexus and has no problems, so I figured it must be my phone. I bought a Razr MAXX yesterday and am having the same problem, leading me to believe that it must be the operating system (his Nexus has Ice Cream Sandwich). Any thoughts or insights from anyone on this?

0 Likes
reico
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just bought the razor maxx and live outside of charlotte n.c. My phone seems like it has more white bars than blue. i cant even surf the web anymore. My droid x never had a problem. Tried switching to 3g only.The same result. There is a problem here and i hope they can fix it fast for the amount of money we spent on this stuff.

budone
Legend

FluteChick wrote:

I was having the same issue on my HTC Thunderbolt for about a month now. My husband has a Galaxy Nexus and has no problems, so I figured it must be my phone. I bought a Razr MAXX yesterday and am having the same problem, leading me to believe that it must be the operating system (his Nexus has Ice Cream Sandwich). Any thoughts or insights from anyone on this?

Which build do you have on your TB???

Have you tried to request the most recent firmware update?? MENU>SETTINGS>SOFTWARE UPDATE>CHECK NEW

0 Likes
FluteChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion, Budone. The salesman did check my Thunderbolt to make sure it had the most recent firmware update, and since the Razr MAXX is brand new, I have to assume it also has the latest, but I'll double-check, just to make sure.

Forgive my ignorance; not sure what you mean by "build"?

0 Likes
FluteChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

The build number on my new Razr MAXX is 6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M3-8. I don't have my Thunderbolt anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, mesii23-

I'm sorry to learn of the data issues you are having. Is this concern happening in a specific location/area? Have you downloaded any battery saver apps or anti virus apps to the device? I would like you to download Motorola's Connectivity application from the Play store here:http://bit.ly/PnvOsi. Motorola has provided this to assist with the 4G connection on the Razr devices. Please provide feedback so I and the community can continue to assist.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes