Data Issues with my RAZR
go_bucks

I am hoping someone can help me with this. My RAZR loses data connection at least once a day sometimes twice. I have had it for a little over a month and have did a Data reset and everything and it still is causing me troubles. The only way to get it back is to power down the phone and it comes right back on. Is there something I am missing any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data Issues with my RAZR
byob

I'm having the same issue and I'm getting the "Sim Card Authorization Error" several times per day.  I reboot the device, 4G data access returns for a brief period until the error message returns and I'm back to 3G or no data connectivity at all.  I also find that after a voice call, my data connectivity is lost for several minutes.  This has gone on for a couple of weeks now.

Today I received the, "No SIM card" error twice.  I reboot and things go back to "normal" (by normal I mean repeat the process from above). I'm extremely frustrated!

I took the "6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US" update last month which was supposed to correct all of these issues.  If anything, it's made my device intolerable!

Does anyone know when this will be fixed??!!??

0 Likes
briandz

I have nothing but issues. I bought my phone from verizon online store.  I talked to support.  They said the local store might be able to help. So I drove 30 minutes there.  The phone had zero signal and the lady saw it, then it actualy said no sim card..  Then some other worker was there when she asked what she should do.  He just put in airplaine mode and took it back out.  Data came back (which I know it will and have done so 100's of time).  I said it will not stay however.  Then the data actaully dropped again while he was looking at it and this time it came back a little faster.  However he said this was normal and wouldn't help?   I drove home trying to stream music to my car, and I got to listen 10 minutes of the 30 minute drive.  I guess according to the local store.   Having data 1/3 of the time is normal.

I will be writing a letting to Verizon asking they fire those two indiviudals as that is not normal. If it is normal I think Verizon will or motorola will have a class action lawsuit on their hands.

This all started happening after the last update that was supposed to fix this stuff. I recently found out that if I leave it in cdma only mode the phone does not drop all the time.  Where I live we only have 3G yet so I guess I will do that for now.  But am thinking of getting a lawyer involved or will join a class action if asked.  

If Verizon is not ready to have the phones, they should not sell them.   Or if its new an buggy, offer FREE data until it is fixed.

0 Likes
oldwood

I have had the same issues with not being able to access data. A friend who works for the company said that some apps affect the connection.  A local weather app and an app called juice defender has caused problems. Thru trial & error I found out that if I removed the app "juice defender" I could access the 3G network.   since removing this app I have no problem accessing 3G (don't have 4G in my area yet). 

0 Likes
leverlock

Well I'm a bit new to VZW and checking out 4G... but I'm a passionate tech guy and read read read about this stuff. Just wanted you to know that I experienced similar issues with a GNex that I returned where it showed no 3G in places other phones had good signal. I found out also that by manually setting it to only CDMA that it would hold the signal and actually move data. However, I had to return the phone so I can't give you any other longer-term observations. I'm with you on employee responses. I'd rather hear an honest I don't know than some made up it's "normal" hoping you'll go away and just suffer with the issue. As I said I'm just dipping my feet into this stuff but the more I research I'm beginning to wonder how much of this is going to get worked out by testing the network and phones on the backs of consumers and our expensive data plans? I'll save the didn't you read the fine print novel for another post. Its no wonder they make it "fine". If it were bold and large many of us might reconsider. Like food allergens on ingredient labels. Only this time its the signal is not guaranteed indoors. Guess I live in this weird place where too much of my life is spent inside buildings. Actually that's probably true but I'd still like to use my phone where its warm and dry.

0 Likes