Re: Data/3&4G/Wifi connection issues!
mloveland

No worries, figured it was self explanatory on the RAZR forum.

0 Likes
mesii23
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue.  The phone will just randomly drop data connection.  I will be attempting to do something, get a connection error, look up and my bars will be white.  Doesn't seem to want to come back on, have to airplane mode it to get it to return to normal.  This is unacceptable for such an expensive phone.  VZW seems to blame it on hardware or sim card issues, Motorola says it is a network problem.  Somebody is telling a fib here, but either way I want this crap fixed.

Love the phone otherwise, but this is a very annoying problem.

TorranceMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the same problem.  The 4G LTE icon is visable but goes on and off all the time.  Only once or twice did the phone switch to 3G, slow but at least a connection.  Constantly have to toggle airplane mode on and off to get 4G back running.  Am going to take it back to Verizon and see what they say.  My guess is nothing.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

mindreading101 has been disabled.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

For 4G Coverage it isn't always the Case especially if Verizon doesn't have the 4G totally built out in your Town. Verizon Main Goal when they go into a Town with new Technology is to Hit the Area's were more people are going to be. Your towns Stadiums, Train Stations , Bus Stations, Colleges, Malls an of course the Verizon Stores Why is that they can't sell what they can't show. So Unless your Luck to be Very Close to A tower i would say it's not always going to be as you wanted it to be. I not trying to be a Smart butt in all but i have see this in the Town i Visit that has it 4G One time 4G is there then 3G comes back one time the test from Speedtest.net is Mind bongling the Next it acts like a Mack truck is tied to the Phone. One other thing that might be is that they could have the Towers turned Down for Maintenance or other Reasons.

I my self i use my Wi-Fi to the Fullest when i'm at home it has a Solid Dependable Signal that the Phone doesn't have to Search for an this save on the Battery..b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mloveland

That would be fine for me but even the wifi doesn't work...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Phone

0 Likes
TorranceMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well thanks for the insight. I am in Los Angeles so was hoping it was

stable by now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mloveland, I regret to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your data on your device. If you don't mind, what city and state are you located in? To answer your last question, we would offer recalls and have for devices that we noticed every single device is experiencing similar issues. Since we have many Razr's and other 4G connecting to 3G and 4G successfully, this is not an issue with every Razr. We would need to determine if this is an issue in the area or an issue with your specific device. Either a trouble ticket would need to be submitted or the device or SIM card would need to be replaced.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mloveland

MarquiaF_VZW,  I am in Troy, IL, but spend a lot of time in Alton, IL, and even St. Louis, and I experience the problems all over. I used to live near Philadelphia, PA, and I experienced the same service issue. I was told to replace my SIM card while having issues in Philadelphia, but it did not solve my problem.  As I said, I assumed it was network related, but it hasn't gotten any better for me.

0 Likes
TorranceMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would not mind as much with the 4G going up and down, but my Razr very

rarely goes to 3G. It just stops totally until I either wait a while or

toggle airplane.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes