DROID Razr Maxx HD - Time keeps changing...
DrewRZRMAXX

I have had a Razr Maxx HD for a few weeks now and when I have Automatic time enabled, the time changes to around 8 minutes slow for a while, and then will randomly fix itself, go back again, etc. This is extremely frustrating mostly because I use the phone as an alarm clock. It is also aggravating for text message conversations because any texts sent or received while the clock is wrong are then put in the list out of order.

I have seen a lot of stories online about similar time issues across many different devices. Is there a fix other than disabling the automatic time? That is how I have been getting by, but it is frustrating when a few apps like the My Verizon app require automatic time to be enabled.

Thanks....

Drew

<Post branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID Razr Maxx HD - Time keeps changing...
RenegadeMoose

I've been having the same issue, but only when I am at home.  I've been watching it and notice my phone bouncing between 3G and 4G.  When it switches to 3G is when the time is incorrect.  It rolls back about 4 minutes.  Not only this but it also appears that I can't receive phone calls during this period.  A caller can attempt to call and they hear it ringing numerous times, but my phone never actually rings.  I can place calls, use data, send/receive texts, just fine.  I have contacted Verizon about it for the past month trying to get a solution and am getting very frustrated because I am missing calls at home.  In my conversations with them I also found out I am smack dab in the middle of 4G coverage yet I don't get 4G in my town.  I checked with a coworker and her phone shows 3G as well.

To top it all off the first time they sent somebody out they tried to say it was a weak signal and I'd have to pay $250 for a network extender to fix whatever they broke about a month ago!  Right now they are supposed to be looking at it again.  I really hope they find a solution.  I'm getting sick of wasting time on the phone trying to convince them something is wrong in the area.  The closest case I've been able to find is this one:  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/791660.

0 Likes