Re: DROID Razr MAXX HD unmounting SD card issue
DavidW1820

I have an old 2 gig card from a blackberry in my Razr Maxx HD. Works fine. When I first got my phone back in Feb, I bought a Sandisc class 10 32 gig card and it gave me big-time problems. Do the lower class cards work better in these phones? What classes does motorola suggest?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i have a 16Gig 10 Class in one of my Razr Maxx's and it works Fine i would think a 32 10 Class would work fine in you Razr I try to use use the best Quality of Card possible but there are times the cards can be bad themselves..

0 Likes
paleale77

Pdx_Ben,

I have the EXACT same issue (phone starts up, says "Preparing SD Card", the card works for a few seconds, then the message "SD card unexpectedly removed.  Unmount SD card before removing." comes up and the SD card no longer works. I also started seeing the issue immediately after the last software update.

Verizon Customer support,

I have tried the SD card in a PC and it works fine. In my old Droid 2 global and it works fine. In my Droid Razr HD, it fails exactly the same way that Pdx_Ben described. Everything was working fine until the last software push that I received from Verizon. Immediately after that, I started experiencing the problem. Literally, the problem occurred on the first boot after the update. This is NOT an SD card problem. There is something amiss in the software update that came out recently. Any help from Verizon on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated by many!!

System Version - 9.18.79.XT926.Verizon.en.us

Android Version - 4.1.2

Baseband Version - VANQUISH_BP_100730.160.64.15P

Kernel Version - 3.0.310g101ca72 hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid86 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 25 00:36:17 CDT 2013

Build Number - 9.8.1Q-79

Build Date - Sat, May 25 00:19:41 CDT 2013

Thanks!

0 Likes
Pdx_Ben

Thanks for confirming that I'm not wacko paleale77!  I have been traveling and have not had time to purchase a new SD card.

In any case, if it helps, here is my info (I think it is the same as paleale77's):

System version:  9.18.79.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Model number:  Droid Razr Maxx HD

Android version:  4.1.2

Baseband version:  Vanquish_BP_100730.160.64.15P

Kernel version:  3.0.31-g101ca72

hudsoncm@i93lnxdroid86 #1 

SMP PREEMPT Sat May 25 00:36:17 CDT 2013

Build number:  9.8.1Q-79

Build date:  Sat may 25 00:19:41 CDT 2013

0 Likes
icetrax

Same issue here after the update.  I put my 32GB class 10 microSD into my old device and it works just fine.  I copied all of the data from it and I'm currently running a low level format on it....it's half done.  Afterwards, if it doesn't work when I copy some data back to it and re-insert it into my Razr Maxx HD, I'll be asking for my 3rd replacement Razr in 2 weeks!!!

0 Likes
Bruyere
Enthusiast - Level 2

My sd card used to read just fine, but it recently failed; now I can't get any device to recognize it. I bought a replacement and will see if that resolves the issue.

0 Likes
icetrax

IT WORKED!  So far, so good.  I'll update this thread in a few days to confirm if the issue has been resolved by formatting the card.

0 Likes
DROID Razr MAXX HD unmounting SD card issue
Jake-V

OK, so i finally was able to get around to getting a micro SD to regular SD adapter and I tried out the original card in another device and there was no data on it. I bought a new card, put it in and it works fine. I still think it was something with that previous update that caused my card to format itself, but regardless, I had already backed up my data prior to the incident and this new card seems to work fine.

0 Likes
Bruyere
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, new SD card is working just fine. Not sure why the other failed - it should be under 5 year warranty - I'll take it up with SanDisk!

0 Likes
popo87

Hi,

I get the same error and do not have a SD card installed, so please explain that.  And it only started after the last update.

It sounds like I need to install one just to rid myself of this Verizon code issue.

0 Likes