DROID RAZR MAXX Issue, Screen Issue
Bingman111
Enthusiast - Level 2

My one month old Droid Razr Maxx, has encountered an issue and is useless exept to tell the time. I was trying to change my wallpaper when the phone became very slow and laggy. The screen then flickered a little and went black. Next, it rebooted and then the home screen went black, except for the status bar which looks normal but will not drop down. Once the screen goes black from inactivity (even trying to press the touch keys produces no effect), pressing the screen unlock button will not turn the screen on. The screen will only turn on when connected to a charger. I had recently downloaded the gallery lock app (Morrison Smart Software), which seems to have mostly good reviews. I have performed 3 or 4 hard resets thus far. I need help fixing my phone. I can't remove the battery on this phone, and then screen isn't working correctly so I can't do a factory reset.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID RAZR MAXX Issue, Screen Issue
Cody21
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Can you boot into SAFE MODE ??  You can also UNINSTALL that Gallery Lock APP from the online Android Market (PLAY).

Safe mode:

- Power Off

- Power On

- Press & HOLD both up & down volume buttons at the same time -- for like 3 mins while it boots up. Keep holding these down!

- Phone should eventually come up and say SAFE MODE in lower left corner ..

Does THAT work???  If so, see if that app is in your APP drawer and try to uninstall it.

If that doesn't work, you can boot into the Maintenance Menu using a similar procedure that can get you to the ability to do a Factory Reset, if that's what you want to do.

let us know.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

PS - here's a link to the other instructions including a Factory Reset

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=49625

0 Likes
Bingman111
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I do the factory reset? I got into safe mode, but still no screen response. Also, I went to PLAY but can't find a way to uninstall the app.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

See post just before yours .. instructions on FR are in there.

0 Likes
Bingman111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the factory rest and it seemed to have worked, but after I completed the setup I was left with basically the same issues all over. It hit me that doing the back up likely put the app back on my phone, so I did the resest again and didn't restore all the contacts, apps and such, and the phone now works fine, I just need to get everything back on my phone minus that app, I shouldn't have a problem with that. Thank you for the help Cody!

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yea, unless you stop Apps from auto-reinstalling, they will and will just bring the issue back ... Glad to have helped.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Getting some of that good work done there Cody!  Good job

0 Likes