DROID RAZR HD
JChaos013

I purchased my razr back in January. I am usually always on my phone texting and checking Facebook. My phones battery was great up until a few weeks ago. I have to charge it once during the day and i charge it overnight usually letting it die. Sometimes i put it on at 2 or 3%. Also my phone has been getting really hot. I have an otter box on it. Before i bought the phone i did my research about its battery making sure it would last. But it doesn't. I let it sit on standby for a day and it was still dead within four hours. Can someone please help me?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID RAZR HD
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

With the battery heating up like that, that would seem to indicate you have an app running that is draining your battery.  Within the last few days, I have noticed that if I check my facebook, my battery starts to drain afterwards.  If I force it to stop, the drain ceases.  Facebook may be your culprit.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey JChaos013!

Wow, this is hard to believe. After all, the RAZR is known for it's battery and how long it lasts. So, let's make sure that's applicable to you.

Now, the first thing I need to ask is how long has this been going on for? Also, as a fellow community poster pointed out, do you have any applications running in your background. The first thing I would recommend is going into settings > battery > and seeing what takes up the most. If it is an application, please go back to settings > apps > all > and force close the applications. Also, what is your usage like on a daily basis? If you are a heavy user, the battery may drain and your phone may experience slight overheating. Regardless, we hope to hear back.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DominickGarzaniti
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same intermittent problem with mine.  If however I keep it in safe mode I don't appear to have this issue.  When not in safe mode and the battery starts to drain I have found that the Google Play Services is consuming a lot of the battery.

System version

182.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US

Model number

DROID RAZR HD

Android version

Thoughts?

Dominick

Snn5
Legend

Remove or clear/delete the data from the app manager for google Play Services.  Disable and uninstall updates and re-enable, reboot, update.

0 Likes