Connecting to Comcast Xfinity
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Comcast Xfinity wifi? It's a standard WPA2 Personal signal on a Linksys router. I've never had this problem before andcan't get it to connect. I am puttin gin the correct password, but am getting the error that I have the wrong password. I reset and reconfigured the router tonight and it's still not working for the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Connecting to Comcast Xfinity
B33
Legend

You might See if your Router Needs an Update from time to time Companies put out Updates for there Routers to function Properly an this might be the Case..b33

0 Likes
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't think of that. I was able to find a firmware upgrade so I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

0 Likes
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the firmware upgrade. It turned out that the Razr can't do Wireless-N. When I set the router back to B/G, it worked fine. Another disappointment.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum that's Strange My Razr Maxx an my Droid X Hooked up to my Wireless N Router witch is a WNDR 3700v3= N600 with no issues at all and i didn't have to change the settings at all.. Well except the Security! b33

0 Likes
HanleyL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Razr, not the Maxx. I am thinking I should have waited and gotten the Maxx. Battery life, amongst other things, make me pull out my hair with the plain Razr.

I have a Linksys WRT160NL router. Not sure what exactly the issue is, but found another post somewhere that hinted at it being the standard used was causing the problem. I tried everything to get it to work with -N, but it just wouldn't go. Switched down to -G and voila, it worked.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's the Same Device Just a Bigger battery!    And it's Good you got it Working! The Razr HD is going to be coming out Soon it's Supposed to Have 12 Megapixel Camera what a Shooter!