Connecting Razr Bluetooth to Ford Sync
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Cant get Razr to connect to car which has sync, Ford 2012. It finds it and pin pops up but when I put in pin and click done phone says cannot connect. My Revolution hooked to it with no problem and wife has hers connected.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Connecting Razr Bluetooth to Ford Sync
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Have you upgraded your SYNC system? Just released last week.

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

No I didn't know about that, thanks lewisr13 I will check it out

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

You can download it from your SYNCMYRIDE account or have the dealer do it or wait until you get your USB in the mail. It's simple to do. If you have navigation it won't work if you do the online download until you get the new map files that are on an SD card in the mail or at your dealership.

bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Oh so I should be receiving a USB in the mail? That would really be good

0 Likes
meatballs

I have 2011 F350 with SYNC. Apparently it has the latest software. The issue is with the RAZR. It will not allow a PIN over 4 digits in length to be typed in. The SYNC system generates a 6 digit required password. My old Casio had no problem paring up with the SYNC.

0 Likes
LBell
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have connected my Razr maxx to Ford sync without any issue.  The six digit PIN is no problem but you do need to enter it quickly and set the phone to be discoverable through your bluetooth settings.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Not the PIN, the bluetooth password is 6 digits.

0 Likes
meatballs

Further look into Sync My Ride shows instructions for access code for the not as smart smart phones. Upon display of a 6 digit code press the forward seek button once and the Sync will then provide a 4 digit access code. Usually "0000" or "1234".  The Razr was then happy to cooperate and connects etc nicely.

Thanks for your reply.

<< Personal information removed to comply with .  Please remove message header text when replying via email. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rhendrickson

I had the same problem syncing my new Droid Razr to my "new" 2010 Ford F150 Sync.  Both my husband and I tried for several days to figure out what the problem was.  When I took the excellent advice on this Forum to request a 4-digit pin from Sync instead of the 6-digit default pin, I had absolutely no problem connecting my new phone, downloading the Contacts, making my phone the Default one, etc.  Thank you SO much, Droid Community, for presenting this solution!

0 Likes