Connect phone to car radio via USB
Max_124_193

My Droid Razr Maxx is not recognized by my car radio via USB.  I'd like to be able to listen to music stored on my phone via my radio, and be able to navigate through the music files via my radio controls.

My last phone, HTC EVO 4g, worked just fine.  Plug phone into radio via USB cable, menu would pop on the phone asking to mount as mass storage or connect as charge only, select mass storage and it just worked.

Droid Razr: I've found the setting to allow it to be mounted as mass storage, but the radio can't find the music files.  When I connect the phone to my computer, I've got full access to the music files no problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Connect phone to car radio via USB
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Max.124.193, I know how important it is to listen to your music through your car. I download lots of songs on my device and enjoy listening to them via blue tooth, headphones and my car.  I'm sorry but we don't support this functionality. You can contact your car manufacture in regards to any issues you are experiencing with this function. KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was going to Suggest this as Well but if you can Purchase a Nav Kit and if your Car has a Input Jack it can Sound just as Good.  i use mine all the Time in our Chevy Truck and it can Rock it Loud.. Low Rider  b33

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Vehicle-Navigation-Charger/dp/B007154KNK

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Vehicle Navigation Dock with Rapid Vehicle Charger - Non-Retail Packaging - Black

0 Likes
Max_124_193

I've been using an audio cable to the input on the front of the radio, but I hate selecting music via the phone while I'm driving - not safe.

I see that under setting > storage, at the bottom of the menu is an option to Mount USB Disk [insert an USB Disk for mountin].

How does this work?  Do I need an adapter cable to connect USB flash drive to phone?

0 Likes
Max_124_193

I'm also considering purchasing a blue-tooth adapter for my radio, so I can connect sans wires, but the adapter will run about $110.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Bluetooth is Nice & convenient as no wires are Visible.  But using a Audio wire is were you will get your True Audio because it's going Direct from the Phone to the Audio in your Vehicle.

0 Likes